Air con a bit rubbish

Hi

The air-con on my vRS doesn't seem to be as cold as it used to be and isn't cooling the card down in this weather we're having.

I noticed the problem a couple of months ago and got a recharge done at Kwik Fit. That seemed to fix it at the time, but it still can't cope with the weather we're having now.

Could this be the evap sensor, or is it likely to be a bigger issue?

Thanks

I got mine re-gassed and it's still not coping with the heat either. Not sure if it's just a not very powerful system in general or if there's other stuff that needs replacing rather than the gas, like you say.

Heard the receiver/dryer could be replaced to help. But seems quite expensive if it's not going to make any difference?

Thanks for the replies. Yes it definitely used to be a lot colder, to the point you could condensate the bottom of the windscreen if you directed it up for 10 minutes. Yes the hot weather will have an effect on this, but even on cooler mornings it seems incapable of doing that.

Having owned a few Skoda's I have come to the conclusion the Air Con on all of them is rubbish. I had a Hyundi (less said the better) but the air conditioning was akin to Sainsburys deep freeze wharehouse.

• 4 weeks later...