Not a Fabia but nearly

Since parting with my beloved Fabia vRS 15 months ago, I've had affairs with a Merc C270, an Audi A4 2.0TDI, another Audi, A4, this time the 2.0TFSI Quattro but none lasted beyond the initial infatuation. The latest is more likely to last, however. She is a Seat Altea XL 1.9 TDI(105) Stylance. Quite fancied the Roomster chick but the Altea's curves were too much of a temptation - and I've never been able to resist temptation. Although the three "flings" had a lot more on paper they never stirred the senses quite like the Furby. However, the Altea's 1.9TDI engine even with 70Nm less torque is still pretty hot when it really counts.

So, although I've strayed - 2 recently acquired grandchildren would have rendered the Furby obsolete at this point, anyway - I hope in time you'll forgive me. BTW, I was always making clandestine visits here in the interim.

Will post a pic if I can remember how.

Standard except for 17" Kahn RSR alloys.

DSC01135.jpg

Edited by ming

What was wrong with the A4 Q 2.0TFSI, that will probably be where I'm heading for after my 12 years with a Passat B5 2.8 4Mo are up?

Does this need to be in fabia 1

Why not? I was a regular in Fabia 1 and wanted to let the guys know what had replaced my Fabia. You never know; someday you might appreciate this input from me.

Have a nice day, pal?!

What was wrong with the A4 Q 2.0TFSI, that will probably be where I'm heading for after my 12 years with a Passat B5 2.8 4Mo are up?

Not a lot, really. After a bit I found the engine note kinda annoying; the exhaust valve - so I was informed - seems to be the source.

Oh, I almost forgot, 24 mpg and the spiraling fuel cost were also major factors.

Major plus was the quattro's abilities during the awful snowy conditions last Dec.But you'll already be familiar with 4 wheel drive superiority.

Edited by ming