iPhone 4 music via Bluetooth

Got new Octavia Scout with Bolero and Bluetooth module very recently. I have managed to pair my iPhone 4 as both a phone and a media player. iPhone is running latest version of iOS (4.3).

2 problems:

1. Music sound quality via Bluetooth is very poor. I have compared the same songs streamed from iPhone vs CD and there is an enormous difference. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. iPhone interferes with normal operation of Bolero. For example, with radio playing on Bolero, when I do anything on iPhone - even just entering my PIN to unlock phone - the Bolero instantly switches to music streaming via iPhone.

The only ways I have found to solve problem no 2 is to either close down the iPod app on the iPhone, or to disconnect the iPhone as a media player via the Maxidot.

I'd greatly appreciate any tips on improving either of these issues!

Got new Octavia Scout with Bolero and Bluetooth module very recently. I have managed to pair my iPhone 4 as both a phone and a media player. iPhone is running latest version of iOS (4.3).

2 problems:

1. Music sound quality via Bluetooth is very poor. I have compared the same songs streamed from iPhone vs CD and there is an enormous difference. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I'd greatly appreciate any tips on improving either of these issues!

Use only 320kbps for your mp3's or else they sound rubbish

By default when music is transferred to the iphone the music is converted to 128Kbps so you can fit more on the phone. The sound quality can be very poor on a lot of music tracks, easiest way to fix this is to remove that setting from itunes and resync the music. MP3/AAC is nowhere near the quality of CD music, and the iphone will always have a poorer sound quality than CD until you get to around 320kbps and that bitrate your not going to fit a lot of music on your phone.

The conversion to MP3 also reduces the sound quality of the file and the end result can be the same.

If the music was downloaded from ittunes its already in a low bitrate, and cannot be converted due to DRM on the file.

Had mine a couple of days now, same set up, Bolero, Bluetooth and iphone 4.

Go into the set up on the Bolero, click media, and tick or untick the bluetooth aux I think it is listed as and then it will stream the music and phone functions etc without interuptions i.e. from a facebook update, or a sat nav command or something, it just plays away happily and the phone functions work well as well then.

Thats what I have found works well.

The sound quality for the music from the phone via BT is fantastic, just one of the tweeters rumbles a bit but other than that its great, so I have just put everything on the SD card and put it though there, adjusted the bass, middle and treble settings and it just sounds fantastic to me, far superior to the VW equivalant and speakers in our old Touran.

Well chuffed with the set up so far.

The conversion to MP3 also reduces the sound quality of the file and the end result can be the same.

If the music was downloaded from ittunes its already in a low bitrate, and cannot be converted due to DRM on the file.

Ive no idea what youre talking about.. bitrates and DRMs..Whats that!!??

I copy my iTunes Albums into files, put them on my SD card and away I go.