columbus postcode search

Hi All,

Just picked up my Superb on Wednesday (it's lovely) but should the sat nav accept a full postcode? I have read the forum but I am still unclear as to whether this ought to have it or not. If not can it be sorted and how?

Thanks in advance

If new it should and I say should do full postcode search.

I picked mine up on 14/7 and did not have full search dealer put their disc in and upgraded to v7 maps but I have no points of interest!

Now waiting to see what SUK say re supplying a v7.1 disk as I do not want another trip to dealers. Maps are apparently loaded at manufacture so there appears to be an issue at either the factory or Columbus manufacturers.

Hope this helps

Pete

Edited by Traff2003

I have version 3974 of software but only version 7333 maps so firmware ok it's the maps that are incorrect

OK, fair enough. What happens when you try to select POIs from the Map Display menu? Are there any shown, are they greyed out, none shown, what?

Ray

OK, fair enough. What happens when you try to select POIs from the Map Display menu? Are there any shown, are they greyed out, none shown, what?

Ray

Ray

the POI is greyed out and if I try to access during route set up I end up having to reboot Columbus as it appears to get stuck displaying "Please Wait"

Hopefully SUK will send correct disc either to dealers or me. Just a point to bear in mind re the supposed up to date factory installed maps

Pete

When I picked up my 4x4 170tdi elegance estate back in January I had the 3 digit postcode and a photocopy of the Columbus manual, after speaking to Skoda uk, they informed me I should have received the manual and v7 DVD for the Columbus, the dealer tried to play the victim, saying it costs them to supply the disk and manual, but haho, if they want to sell a premium product, they have to offer a premium service. Hence they supplied both. Now have full postcode and full poi.

When I picked up my 4x4 170tdi elegance estate back in January I had the 3 digit postcode and a photocopy of the Columbus manual, after speaking to Skoda uk, they informed me I should have received the manual and v7 DVD for the Columbus, the dealer tried to play the victim, saying it costs them to supply the disk and manual, but haho, if they want to sell a premium product, they have to offer a premium service. Hence they supplied both. Now have full postcode and full poi.