Upgrading to a vRS?

Hi All,

Just want some opinions on things.

Yesterday I went to local dealer to me where they had a 2009 vRS TDI 170 in Silver up for £11995 with 35k on it, firstly does this sound alot?

Secondly I have a 2005 Ambiente Estate 1.9PD with 100k on it and they offered me £2300 as a PX Value, to me that sounds really really low? Considering I paid £5000 for it in January (I did look about at the time and there was nothing cheaper of the same age for an estate).

The garage yesterday said I was ripped off paying that much? They quickly came up to £3300 for PX though.

Also whats the fuel consumption like on the vRS, and is there anything I need to look out for or is anything likely to go wrong like the ESP/ABS system on something this new?

As much as I liked the vRS, is it really worth loosing £2000 for 6 months of motoring?

Craig

hi

You'll never get a lot p/x a car at a garage in my opinion, especially if there isn't a big profit margin in it for the garage. I can't answer your specific questions as I have the petrol model, however I just looked up the p/x prices on glass's guide for you. Here's the results:

Vehicle

Skoda Octavia

Ambiente

1.9TD Diesel 5-door Estate

5 Speed Manual

Front Wheel Drive

Year: 2005 55

Mileage: 100,000

Please be aware that the price displayed below is an estimate only, contact your dealer for an exact part exchange value.

Estimated value of your car

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £1735

Average condition: £1585

Below average condition:£1380

Sounds like the p/x price you have been offered is quite good.

A big hit to take in a short space of time. If you keep the VRS though with the fun you'll have in it and it's residuals it might outweigh any loss. Hope it helps :thumbup:

Edited by weyland

hi

You'll never get a lot p/x a car at a garage in my opinion, especially if there isn't a big profit margin in it for the garage. I can't answer your specific questions as I have the petrol model, however I just looked up the p/x prices on glass's guide for you. Here's the results:

Vehicle

Skoda Octavia

Ambiente

1.9TD Diesel 5-door Estate

6 Speed Auto Clutch Manual

Front Wheel Drive

Year: 2009 09

Mileage: 100,000

Estimated value of your car

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £6610

Average condition: £6210

Below average condition:£5600

Hope it helps :thumbup:

erm his is a 2005 not 2009.

Ummm, Weyland you selected the Mk1 Octavia when using Glass's guide, mines a Mk2. And comes out at £2880 in excellent condition for me.

Theres no way in the world I'd let my car go for that though, as I'm not stupid. lol

I would look around on Autotrader, Pistonheads, & go onto the Skoda website & look at the dealers ones on there for prices.

It does look a tad high, specially with 35k in 2 years, i would check what type of miles these were , Motorway, or town / dual .

Values seem to have been plumped up a bit at the moment, given the delays on new orders. Seems this is having an effect on cars even at 2yrs old.

I would also say, whilst possibly being unpopular with the OP, that you overpaid slightly for your existing car, considering the mileage and engine/spec. Take the point of other options at the time of your purchase, but that could just be a case of unlucky timing on the 2nd hand market - it does happen....

Plus you're always going to get the lowest value by P/Xing it, as you're given someone else the problem of selling it. Try a private sale, then go looking for a newer vRS with cash in hand.

Good luck :)

Values seem to have been plumped up a bit at the moment, given the delays on new orders. Seems this is having an effect on cars even at 2yrs old.

I would also say, whilst possibly being unpopular with the OP, that you overpaid slightly for your existing car, considering the mileage and engine/spec. Take the point of other options at the time of your purchase, but that could just be a case of unlucky timing on the 2nd hand market - it does happen....

Plus you're always going to get the lowest value by P/Xing it, as you're given someone else the problem of selling it. Try a private sale, then go looking for a newer vRS with cash in hand.

Good luck :)

Well done Steve, saved me 2 mins of typing there. ;)