DSG-7 limits?

Yeti-RS

This question has NEVER been answered, only the general 'well the 6 speed can take crap loads so the 7 speed should be the same' or 'ohhh its a dry clutch so its going to blow up if you go 1 ft-lb over the limit'

The reason i ask is because i will be picking up either a superb or octavia combi with the 1.8tsi/dsg-7 combo and a friend of mine has just upgraded his mk6 gti with a K04 kit and has a spare IHI turbo from said GTI............. B)

Would like to know if 380nm and 270bhp is a wee bit too much?

Edited by Yeti-RS

This question has NEVER been answered, only the general 'well the 6 speed can take crap loads so the 7 speed should be the same' or 'ohhh its a dry clutch so its going to blow up if you go 1 ft-lb over the limit'

The reason i ask is because i will be picking up either a superb or octavia combi with the 1.8tsi/dsg-7 combo and a friend of mine has just upgraded his mk6 gti with a K04 kit and has a spare IHI turbo from said GTI............. B)

Would like to know if 380nm and 270bhp is a wee bit too much?

id probably be wary of 380NM through the gearbox, power wont be an issue though. IF anything will go on the gearbox i dont think it would be the internals, more likely the clutches would start to slip well before the internals starting breaking, but the only issue with that is at the moment there are uprated clutches available, but there is development taking place