Minor issues

Well car had its first service today which went ok and my glove box light has been fixed needed a new bulb and the switch reattaching as the light had been staying on all the time.

However annoyingly I now no longer have oil temp display on maxidot which I really liked having :( hoping it can be re-enabled. Also asked them to look at windows from remote key fob they work pressing and holding lock they wind up no problems however holding unlock they intermittently decide to roll down which is really annoying sometimes it takes several attempts or just wont work from unlock button at all. Courtesy car I had worked perfectly in this respect and the 1.6 TDi engine was really good managed 63mpg out of it but to me at least didn't seem that much quieter than a PD engine.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Well car had its first service today which went ok and my glove box light has been fixed needed a new bulb and the switch reattaching as the light had been staying on all the time.

However annoyingly I now no longer have oil temp display on maxidot which I really liked having :( hoping it can be re-enabled. Also asked them to look at windows from remote key fob they work pressing and holding lock they wind up no problems however holding unlock they intermittently decide to roll down which is really annoying sometimes it takes several attempts or just wont work from unlock button at all. Courtesy car I had worked perfectly in this respect and the 1.6 TDi engine was really good managed 63mpg out of it but to me at least didn't seem that much quieter than a PD engine.

Anyone else had anything similar?

mine is a pain in the a-- windows go down before doors (apart from drivers door)unlock and that is not much fun when its raining.

You guys need to check with your respective dealers to ensure they are setup correctly. Probably hasn't been done or they just need resetting.

What are the settings then we should have/can have ?

My vRS was set up as:-

click once to unlock the drivers door

Click twice to unlock all doors

with drivers door unlocked, hold the unlock button and all windows go down.

hold the lock button and the car locks and all windows go up (if down)

Also mine does not auto lock after 10 mph or what ever the anti hijack setting is. Could actually do with this as got kids and although child locks on it adds more safety.

So is this standard or are loads of other variations on this available...

Cheers Estate Man

Hi Bullyboy, yep yours is setup correctly as it should be from the factory. It suits most peoples needs. Your dealer will normally switch on anti-hi jack for £15 or sometimes free with a service. As CAN says...it's VCDS enabled.

Hi Bullyboy, yep yours is setup correctly as it should be from the factory. It suits most peoples needs. Your dealer will normally switch on anti-hi jack for £15 or sometimes free with a service. As CAN says...it's VCDS enabled.

done mine for free