Roof rails

You can have them fitted as aftersale parts, but I guess it will be a bit expensive (more expensive than stock, for sure).

Otherwise, if saving money is important, you could look for universal roof bars (no roof rails needed). Ask a good car parts reseller.

Edited by Lorenzo

Hi Woodspoiler,

Yes it has been discussed before but sorry, I am unable to find the post.

**From memory, roof rails can be retro-fitted to the Roomy but it involves dropping the headlining in order to get to the mountings bolts. Roof rails will cost around £200 and roof bars another £100 or so.

Probably better to take Lorenzo's advice emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Rob

**07/07/2015 Edit - This information was taken from another post and repeated here in good faith.  In March 2015, my dealer retro-fitted roof rails to my 2013 Roomster SE, leaving the fitting instructions in the car.  The instructions are written in pidgin English but give the impression the threaded mounting brackets are already in place on the car, with no requirement to remove the headlining. 

You can have them fitted as aftersale parts, but I guess it will be a bit expensive (more expensive than stock, for sure).

Otherwise, if saving money is important, you could look for universal roof bars (no roof rails needed). Ask a good car parts reseller.

Things might ave changed but when this was discussed a couple of years ago there were no bars available for the Roomster without roof rails.

Have looked on Internet and I cannot find any bars or racks to fit Roomster without rails be gratefull for any info or advice it's hard to believe a car could be built that cannot have a rack or bars fitted!

Have looked on Internet and I cannot find any bars or racks to fit Roomster without rails be gratefull for any info or advice it's hard to believe a car could be built that cannot have a rack or bars fitted!

I am afraid you are right. I did not believe it, but a rapid search among the biggest aftermarket brands shows you are right. Sadly. This is something dealers should always tell you when you buy a new roomster. When I bought mine they told me it is better to have original factory fitted bars (and I believed them), but nobody told me there is no roof rack solution without original bars. Now, I ask myself, what lies under the long black plastic stripes on the roomster roof? No hooks, no sockets for third party racks? Nobody knows?

Hope somebody help you. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

By the way, I like the look of original roof bars and quite instictively chose to have them factory fitted.

When I bought a second hand Roomster earlier this year I asked the question at the Skoda dealer in Plymouth and the response was 'about £800'!

I can do without roof rails in that case.

As a slight bonus, not having roof rails may help slightly with the fuel consumption, if that is any consolation.

Rob.

When I bought a second hand Roomster earlier this year I asked the question at the Skoda dealer in Plymouth and the response was 'about £800'!

As a slight bonus, not having roof rails may help slightly with the fuel consumption, if that is any consolation.

Rob.

Yes, and less aerodinamic noise at motorway speed ;)

Rob.

They are lengthways so I wouldn't expect them to make much difference.