........ and counting.

Well, it's been 19 weeks since I ordered my new car and, apart from a quick call to confirm an option the day after i ordered, I haven't had one call from the dealer. I've contacted Å koda customer service for updates and the dealer to confirm the information but I'm still waiting for that elusive call. Has anyone else had this kind of diabolical service from a dealer?

I will now endeavour to keep a daily update on the 'no contact' situation.

Please feel free to share similar stories.

my dealer usualy checked once a week to see where my order was on the system, I normaly give them a call for an update every fortnight or so for them to tell me nothing new to report.

They didnt actualy call me until 4 month later when they contacted me to say my car went into production that very day- a month later i was driving it away :)

My dealer phones me every Friday without fail with an update. Still yet to have a build date, although only ordered early July.

I was told 26 weeks but that's not my point. I was given a build week by Škoda CS but not by the dealer. If I paid £16 for something I'd want to be kept informed. After spending £16,000 I expect better. A lot better.

Build weeks change and I want to know! No wonder we have to wait 6 months to a year for a car when most people are happy to wait.

only contact ive had is when ive been in ( 3 times in 18 weeks ), even when they say we'll phone you they never have and its me the does the follow up. i too would be happier to hear the ' its still looking at week xx ' than hearing nothing, least i'd know they havent forgotten about me. buying a car is supposed to be special, this feels like a chore. i know the dealer has very little input on build times but how long does it take to phone us, even just so we know we still exist

aslong as it comes on time with all the correct equipment and no faults i will be happy,,mid september im looking at , same they have never rang me but i have been in to the dealer quite a few times , when giving them some more money each time,test drive,looking at various colours,and just poping in for few mins just to have another look at the montes, and they have spoken to me each time, so maybe thats why they havent botherd ringing me

Edited by Turbo Dezzel zz