227 Mph SKODA Octavia vRS Breaks Landspeed Record At Bonneville

ColinD

Pfft.

I know a guy with a Fabia 2.0MPi who did 235mph....

Congrats to Skoda though, very impressive!

Hmmm, were you with him when he did that? I'd like to see some evidence!! To do 227Mph the engine was quite seriously modified and had a HUGE turbo and bespoke high-octane race fuel (with water-methanol mix) somehow I doubt a Fabia 2.0 would come even close to that let alone more....

Hmmm, were you with him when he did that? I'd like to see some evidence!! To do 227Mph the engine was quite seriously modified and had a HUGE turbo and bespoke high-octane race fuel (with water-methanol mix) somehow I doubt a Fabia 2.0 would come even close to that let alone more....

Old running joke about 2.0 Fabias.....dont worry :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

We are chuffed to bits with the car!

If I can answer any questions on it, please feel free to ask!

Cheers Ricky

Great to see you on here Ricky. Well done. That was very impressive.

So, how standard was the car.....emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

MIke

Hello Mike,

I am here to help, so if there is anything I can advise on please give me a shout!

I am currently building a superstrong 150 PD engine, rods, superfinished, ported etc

Aiming for 225 on a Revo map and a stock turbo!

As for our car engine wise, not a lot was changed.

It is a standard 2.0 ltr TSI engine with stock bore and stroke.

We fitted a set of Integrated Engineering con rods (www.intengineering.com) to try and strengthen up the bottom end.

A set of pistons would have been nice but no one makes any (integrated engineering now have a set available after the motor was built).

The engine was built with ARP fixings after the crankshaft and balance shafts were superfinished by Tim Radley at Race Developments (www.racedevelopments.co.uk) in Gloucester.

The camshafts could not be superfinished as the lobes are pressed on and not ground.

Tim also removed the direction flaps in the inlet ports and tidied up the porting from his vast experience of building superstrong British Superbike and Saloon Car engines.

Internally, thats it for the engine. The Precision Engineering GT3562R turbo and Tial manifold are bolted to the back with a 3 inch exhaust from turbo to rear pipe (no silencers). The car is running the biggest air filter setup made by ITG along with a THS intercooler, custom radiator and water injection, all this in a bid to keep the engine cool.

TTFN Ricky

Hello Mike,

I am here to help, so if there is anything I can advise on please give me a shout!

I am currently building a superstrong 150 PD engine, rods, superfinished, ported etc

Aiming for 225 on a Revo map and a stock turbo!

As for our car engine wise, not a lot was changed.

It is a standard 2.0 ltr TSI engine with stock bore and stroke.

We fitted a set of Integrated Engineering con rods (www.intengineering.com) to try and strengthen up the bottom end.

A set of pistons would have been nice but no one makes any (integrated engineering now have a set available after the motor was built).

The engine was built with ARP fixings after the crankshaft and balance shafts were superfinished by Tim Radley at Race Developments (www.racedevelopments.co.uk) in Gloucester.

The camshafts could not be superfinished as the lobes are pressed on and not ground.

Tim also removed the direction flaps in the inlet ports and tidied up the porting from his vast experience of building superstrong British Superbike and Saloon Car engines.

Internally, thats it for the engine. The Precision Engineering GT3562R turbo and Tial manifold are bolted to the back with a 3 inch exhaust from turbo to rear pipe (no silencers). The car is running the biggest air filter setup made by ITG along with a THS intercooler, custom radiator and water injection, all this in a bid to keep the engine cool.

TTFN Ricky

Off to do my mod this week... lol, I wish!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, that's great! Does anyone know how that 600 BHP engine was modified (details)? Bigger turbo, IC, exhaust pipe and injectors of course but how about internal parts of the engine? Pistons, camshafts etc.?

Being a SAAB nut here's a YouTube video for "comparison". SAAB 9-3 with 666 BHP passing 308 km/h on a standing mile. The internal parts of the engine are almost all stock ones:

OK, that's great! Does anyone know how that 600 BHP engine was modified (details)? Bigger turbo, IC, exhaust pipe and injectors of course but how about internal parts of the engine? Pistons, camshafts etc.?

Being a SAAB nut here's a YouTube video for "comparison". SAAB 9-3 with 666 BHP passing 308 km/h on a standing mile. The internal parts of the engine are almost all stock ones:

Read the post above yours or the orginal from Ricky above that ;)