Its officially the fastest 2ltr production car in the world

a few people have posted this in here already but there is an overall Briskoda thread you should have received an email about weeks ago check out the content in there its great to read :thumbup:

a few people have posted this in here already but there is an overall Briskoda thread you should have received an email about weeks ago check out the content in there its great to read :thumbup:

I read the other report this is the new one

I read the other report this is the new one

lol the other one has been updated continually did you keep up with it it was reported there days ago for the 227.080mph and 228 peak and again in here

Its a bit disingenuous to call it a production car surely...but granted its a remarkable achievement considering how close to production it is.

Its a bit disingenuous to call it a production car surely...but granted its a remarkable achievement considering how close to production it is.

They have taken a Production car, Stripped it out and bolted on a few extras, Removed the front brakes. The car didnt come out of the factory like that, it came out as a standard VRS

So its is a production car, everything they have put on that car would fit onto a standard VRS Petrol

Its like me if i bolted the worlds biggest turbo onto my Leon TDI and achieved 230mph, would you say mine isnt a production car?

Edited by AndrewJB

They have taken a Production car, Stripped it out and bolted on a few extras, Removed the front brakes. The car didnt come out of the factory like that, it came out as a standard VRS

So its is a production car, everything they have put on that car would fit onto a standard VRS Petrol

Its like me if i bolted the worlds biggest turbo onto my Leon TDI and achieved 230mph, would you say mine isnt a production car?

Tbh there are production Evos on the road now that will go faster as is! I would imagine after this prob much forgotten title someone else will break it out of embarrassment fast. But still Skoda did well by noticing it and sneaking in there.

production 2.0 evo did 237mph....... this came out of the factory standard and was heavily modified too.

Tbh there are production Evos on the road now that will go faster as is! I would imagine after this prob much forgotten title someone else will break it out of embarrassment fast. But still Skoda did well by noticing it and sneaking in there.

production 2.0 evo did 237mph....... this came out of the factory standard and was heavily modified too.

Agreed it was clever of Skoda UK, Wonder how they kept it quite in MK without Audi UK,Seat UK and VW UK trying to out do them

With a production run of one?

I take production car to mean a standard spec car produced by a manufacturer in numbers that is or was available to buy.

If you managed to get your Leon to do 300mph would that mean its the fastest production car in the world?

Or would that really still be the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars

Are there really Evos with 600bhp+ on the road? With gearing to do 200mph+

edit: yes correct I have looked now.

Edited by juan27

I take production car to mean a standard spec car produced by a manufacturer in numbers that is or was available to buy.

If you managed to get your Leon to do 300mph would that mean its the fastest production car in the world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars

Since when has a Veyron been 2.0? Read the title of the topic......Fastest 2ltr

Edited by AndrewJB

Yes it was very nice to receive the email from Briskoda. It was also mentioned that Skoda sold 12.000 VRS models in the last 10 years,

was this figure related to the uk vrs models sales only, or Skoda Vrs models sold in Europe in the last 10 years??

If anyone knows pls let me know, thanks.

http://en.wikipedia....production_cars

No,

That would be a Standard production car.

BTCC is production cars but not Standard production.

Since when has a Veyron been 2.0? Read the title of the topic......Fastest 2ltr

I didn't say it was. My point was if you made your modified car go faster than a Veyron SS would that make your car the overall fastest production car in the world.

I think reasonably the answer is no.

I am trying to point out that the recognised "fastest production car in the world" is a standard series production model, not modified as the 200+ mph Octy is, hence my questioning that the Octy in question is a "production" car at least by that definition.

Edited by juan27

No,

That would be a Standard production car.

BTCC is production cars but not Standard production.

Production = Standard Production in normal parlance surely.

Anything else only has meaning within the context of a set of motorsport rules (as in BTCC)

I agree that this record is for 2ltr production cars according to the mods allowable under the rules applicable....

I still think there's a stretch from that to saying:

"The Octavia VRS TSi is the fastest production 2 ltr car in the world"

unless qualified.

Anyway good argument for the pub I suppose. :)