Removing the wheel badge

Tonza

The easiest way is to remove the wheel then get something like a screwdriver handle and push the center cap out from the inside.

(If you are referring to the steering wheel then these cannot be removed they are all part of the airbag)

The easiest way is to remove the wheel then get something like a screwdriver handle and push the center cap out from the inside.

(If you are referring to the steering wheel then these cannot be removed they are all part of the airbag)

Hmm in not sure what you meaning with "If you are referring to the steering wheel then these cannot be removed they are all part of the airbag"..

If you could explain it in other words :D ? my english is not so good at sometimes..

But maybe these images can tell if can i take the badge off if i remove the steering wheel first?

20110823134409.jpg

20110823134418.jpg

Edited by Tonza

The steering wheel badges are not supposed to come away from the airbag on VAG cars.

However looking how far yours is hanging off you cannot leave it like it is!!

The first thing I would now do is disconnect the battery so you do not trigger the airbag, then proceed carefully nobody to my knowledge has successfully removed or replaced the airbag badge.

Removing the wheel will not help (removing the airbag though may make it easier to see what you are doing.

My reference was meant for the road wheels as your initial question did not make it clear which badge you were talking about.

I used a small flat screwdriver when I swapped mine for an aftermarket one, just gently eased it away as it's only glued on :thumbup:

Seems like mine is little bit harder..

Gizmo68: Thx for giving me this infos! i try to put it back.. its already twisted so i need to get it to straight first.. just dont know how yet.

Edit: god damn, cant get it back! i was wondering if i cut the badge off.. but how it effect to airbag :S ?

Edited by Tonza