Tyre Wear

I have just had the 1st service completed to my Ocy est 1600 diesel by my local main dealer.

The only fault found was a 78% wear on both front tyres.

There is only 8000 miles on the clock and I tend to be a very tyre friendly (slow) driver.

The dealer suggested that I had about 1000 miles left before they became illegal and quoted me £143.80 to replace the 2 worn tyres.

Is this the sort of mileage that I should be expecting for this vehicle ?

By not using the main dealer and using a local tyre replacement dealer will this affect my warranty?

Apart from the tyres the car has more than impressed me for practicality, comfort and a very reasonable mpg

I got around 21,500 miles from my OE front Michelins when I changed them at 3mm. So no, not a good wear rate. Get the geometry checked ASAP.

Are the tyres wearing evenly? as that is not normal wear rate.

I would get a 2nd opinion and NEVER get tyres replaced by a dealer unless they are offering a very good price, all they will do is get the local tyre company to change them anyway, and no it will not affect the warranty!

What tyres are fitted to the front? Make and model.

And I'd get them independently checked too. Preferably yourself, with a manual tread depth gauge :yes:

The only fault found was a 78% wear on both front tyres.

There is only 8000 miles on the clock and I tend to be a very tyre friendly (slow) driver.

What make/size tyre are you running? I run the Goodyear Excellences and they wear quick but have lots of grip in dry and wet. I also tend to drive for economy now days and still only get around 10k out of the front set.

What tyres are fitted to the front? Make and model.

And I'd get them independently checked too. Preferably yourself, with a manual tread depth gauge :yes:

The tyres are Bridgestone Turanza ER300

Known as being particularly hard wearing - if my experience of them was anything to go by. I didn't like them personally, as they seemed to sacrifice grip for longer wear.

Which tells me there's something odd there. Either the garage has their depth measurements wrong, or you have an issue with your suspension geometry.

Known as being particularly hard wearing - if my experience of them was anything to go by. I didn't like them personally, as they seemed to sacrifice grip for longer wear.

Which tells me there's something odd there. Either the garage has their depth measurements wrong, or you have an issue with your suspension geometry.

Seconded as far as possible; my Sis has them on a Honda Jazz, and the OEM set have done about 40_000 and counting.