Lacquer Peeling Off Spoiler

I'd always said I'd actually just take it off if I could... but you can't.

However.. my mate Neil suggested something the other day I hadn't thought of.. Getting the hatch from a non vRS in black...

Hmmmm... Might go eBay hunting for a breaker.

Think I'm the only person who doesn't mind loosing the spoiler though, lol.

I know that when the spolier started pealing on the back of my octi, I took it to my local body shop and the guy there came out, looked at it and said as soon as he had seen it

"that spoiler has not been sprayed as part of the car, it will have been sprayed off the car by the supplier who will have used combined paint and lacquer"

He went on to then explain that becuase the paint and lacquer is combined when it is sprayed that it looks right but in time it peals off.

I had my spoiler resprayed in 2 pack and then lacquer and it looks spot on.

Will be addressing mine this year, it looks terrible and will adversely affect the likelihood

of me selling the car on when I'm ready to change.

It looks so uncared for even though that's soooo far from the truth!

Glad to know im not alone, my se had a few small blisters when bought in november but the constant wet/frost of the last few weeks seems to have blown most of the laquer off-looks awfull now.hopefully mine wont be the only one in castle combe with a shabby spoiler!!

Glad to know im not alone, my se had a few small blisters when bought in november but the constant wet/frost of the last few weeks seems to have blown most of the laquer off-looks awfull now.hopefully mine wont be the only one in castle combe with a shabby spoiler!!

It won't be :no:

had a quote this week from Wykes signs in Irlam (recommended by Awesome GTI) for £141 all in to get it carbon wrapped.

whereas a guy with a bodyshop thats a mate of a mate will probably respray for less than £100. (and he's **** hot too!)

What to do what to do, go carbon or keep it original?

What do you think?

had a quote this week from Wykes signs in Irlam (recommended by Awesome GTI) for £141 all in to get it carbon wrapped.

whereas a guy with a bodyshop thats a mate of a mate will probably respray for less than £100. (and he's **** hot too!)

What to do what to do, go carbon or keep it original?

What do you think?

I think the carbon wrap place is too dear and the respray is a better

option with a reasonable pricetag at 100quid.