radio signal

afternoon all my dad has got himself an ocky vrs on and 2008 plate, he is having trouble picking up radio 5 live which is 909-963 am. Can some one do me a favour and try it on their standard stereo and see if it works please

thanking you

afternoon all my dad has got himself an ocky vrs on and 2008 plate, he is having trouble picking up radio 5 live which is 909-963 am. Can some one do me a favour and try it on their standard stereo and see if it works please

thanking you

It may be a typo, but it's 693 and not 963.

It may be a typo, but it's 693 and not 963.

sorry it was a typo i was trying to multi task which clearly i am not equipped to do

I'm sure I've had Radio 5 before now because I've listened to the GP on it.

ok thanks for that i wonder why he cant get it

Sorry i do not know the cost as mine was a warranty job. I guess it may have been covered here in the past. Mine is estate & I'm sure they could get to it without removing roof lining, just removed the hard plastic edging by the rear hatch & enough space to do it. Took less thsn an hour including giving it a wash!

Very common problem on these cars. The amplifier in the base of the aerial gets water ingress, and the corrosion just stops it working.

When mine went last year, FM was perfectly fine, but I totally lost AM.

New aerial from the dealers is under £30.

Mike

Are the aerials an easy 'self-fit' item or are we talking dealer fit only?!?