wiper blades

Hi All,

Please can anyone tell me the part number and price for front wiper blades for my 59 Octavia?

Can you buy them individually or only as a set? Do folks recommend OEM replacements from Skoda or should I seek to buy elsewhere?

Any advice welcome as mine are starting to look like they might need replacing, especially the drivers side, before winter.

Thanks,

Phil

quote name='andyvee' timestamp='1314465281' post='2497455']

I thought the trick was to go to VW or TPS and get the refills - two strips of rubber with new endcaps - and keep the original backings - much cheaper.

Don't have the part numbers to hand, sorry.

Part number for the refills is: 1K0955429A

This is a VW part number, Skoda don't list this part.

There is a guide on here somewhere as how to replace the rubbers.

Edit:corrected part number details.

Edit: Just found a link for a how to do but it's in Spanish Linky

Will do.

From some preliminary hunting around, Halfords do the Bosch wipers for £29.99, and you can get them at plenty of online places for around £20 + delivery. I'm waiting to see what Skoda want for them as I have a £50 voucher to spend on parts/accessories before December so a couple sets of wiper blades might be a good use of that.

Hmm, dealer wanted £41 and change which is twice the price they are available online so I won't be getting them from the dealer :thumbdown:

Just get them from the Ebay link - thats where i got mine from - cheapest you can get for Bosch.

Just get them from the Ebay link - thats where i got mine from - cheapest you can get for Bosch.

Yes, thanks - I will.

I noticed that seller does them even cheaper for a Golf Mk5 which I assume are identical (same Bosch part number):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK5-BOSCH-AEROTWIN-FLAT-WIPER-BLADES-A937S-/120621575566?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c159b2d8e

Ah thats what i paid - at the time the Skoda ones were cheaper than the Golf! He must swap the prices to trick people!

Bosch aero twins off fleabay for around £20 delivered are great and very very easy to fit.

Part number is Bosch 937s for a 600mm and a 475mm.

• 3 months later...