Where is the CAN Gateway located

Hmmm - I think I'm asking for trouble trying to get a Bolero into my car :D

Sooo my natural next level question is.. how do you get to the badboy?

Take the glovebox out - 2 torx screws along the lower edge, 3 torx screws along the upper edge (visible with the glovebox open) and 1 torx screw from the side - remove the end of dash panel to see it. Takes all of 5 minutes.

You will have to disconnect the electrical connector to the glovebox light, the air feed to the glovebox and the airbag switch. I find it easiest to undo the 2 screws that hold the airbag switch in place and then disconnect it. I always reconnect it as soon as the glovebox is out of the way as if you turn the ignition on with the switch disconnected you will get an airbag warning light coming on, and it will need clearing with VCDS.

But, you will have VCDS anyway won't you to code the gateway? (unless Eddie did it for you before posting it to you?)

Thanks for that, does sound like this will be a lot of work. Do hope it is worth it, though I suppose I have to now I've got a Bolero! :rofl:

Yes I should have access to VCDS whilst doing this :)

Thanks for that, does sound like this will be a lot of work. Do hope it is worth it, though I suppose I have to now I've got a Bolero! :rofl:

Yes I should have access to VCDS whilst doing this :)

Fairly easy to do.

Is your Bolero from a 2010 model?

If so, that is what I have, and I have issues with the backlight on the Bolero, and the MFSW volume controls. Be interesting to see if you have the same issues. This is in a 2006MY L&K.

Yes, it's a 2010 one. Not massively worried about the backlight - I hear you can put the lights on/off and it'll "spark" it into life, so to speak.

Won't be able to comment on the MFSW - I don't have one :)

Mine is a 2006MY Elegance. Fairly confident I might end up in the same position as you.

I've ordered an aerial adapter too, so once I've got all my bits together I should be all set.