Wire from battery to dashboard

What is the easiest way to bring wire from the battery to the dashboard? I´m assebling a motor warm up system (Defa )with battery loader and timer clock. The problem is to find a suitable and easy route for the wire of timer. And where can I get power (power that is on when the igntionkey is turned on)? Sorry bad finn-english.

probaly easiest way and avoid running wire through bulk head to battery is to source the 12v supply to the ignition switch and tap into that.either source it from the steering couling covers or remove the covers for easier spot.it's the thicker wires,there should be a constant 12v and a 12v only with ignition on

Even easier, tap into the fuse panel under the steering wheel. There are several power buses and definitely one or more are only on with the ignition.

You can connect to one of these buses with a standard blade connector pushed into an unused fuse socket.

Regards,

Andy

What is the easiest way to bring wire from the battery to the dashboard? I´m assebling a motor warm up system (Defa )with battery loader and timer clock. The problem is to find a suitable and easy route for the wire of timer. And where can I get power (power that is on when the igntionkey is turned on)? Sorry bad finn-english.

If you want power from the battery for the timer then use the Aux 12v supply (cigarette lighter socket by the handbrake) is on all the time as far as I know.

A big welcome Sepotin. Definitely the fuse panel. Don't take it from anywhere else as you may invite problems. Follow POSitality's lead on this one using a blade connector. That way you won't start a fire if things go wrong. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Edited by Estate Man

A big welcome Sepotin. Definitely the fuse panel. Don't take it from anywhere else as you may invite problems. Follow POSitality's lead on this one using a blade connector. That way you won't start a fire if things go wrong. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

and fuse it for peace of mind

Doh! Forgot to mention that, thanx m8y :D

You can get cheap in-line fuse holders from Halfords or Maplin

Regards,

Andy

or ebay, don't think they do 1 amp fuses at halfrauds. ebay is best bet, £1 -£1.50 for pack of 10, dirt cheap. fuse holder is like £2 or £3