Mk1 Golf Suspension in a skoda?

I know theres some VW influence in the FWD skodas

But looking at a set of Bilsteins i just found in the shed got me thinking

(just asking the question here first to save me finding things out the hard way :D )

They look very similar, well, the rears anyway, will they fit?

Mk1Golfrearshock.jpg

Great, thought they might be a bit longer alright, but thats great as i need a bit more height for the shiddy roads they use for night navs over here

Bonus

I'll fit them at the weekend so if i can find the other one and get comparisson pics up for future reference :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i finally got around to changing them

The car drives a lot better on tarmac with the bilsteins than the coilovers but as you can see in the pic below, she now looks ridiculous, far too low

will have to try find a happy medium

I could lower down the front to match but i need a bit of height for where i'll be driving

PICT4474.jpg

thanks Tom, do you think they'd be at a similar to the front in the pic above?

As i reckon thats the kind of height i need for night nav/endurance rallying

i dont know tbh, but i will have some here in the early part of next week to measure up..

although if you are trying to save a few quid you could just get a couple of giant tubular spacers made to go under the rear turrets to make it sit higher

• 1 month later...

no sadly not yet, i do have a set of brand spanking new mk3 golf coilovers sat in my workshop which i'm going to use on my felicia but i've had too much other stuff to do at the front end... i'll update this thread with some extra info when i get round to it :thumbup: