Fabia Leaking In Rear Footwells!!!!!

james

As well as everything else, my 2002 Fabia now has wet rear footwells and lower door panels.

Has anyone experienced this problem, I seem to recall someone mentioning it, but cannot remember what the problem appeared to be, I have checked the door seals and they seem fine, the wetness coming from the lower panel suggests the water may be getting inside the door itself from outsdie, possibly the lower window seal and coming out into the car.

My car now stinks, and I cannot wait to show the dealer when it goes in tomorrow for the other problems fixing such as the new Engine mount it needs!! (at 10,000 if you please!!!!!!!)

ANy help would be very much appreciated

James - sounds like you've got the duff Fabia from the production line. I don't believe anyone here has had as many problems as yourself... :(

If things get too much, the dealer should start thinking about getting you another Fabia of similar age/mileage/engine. 10,000 miles is a ridiculous mileage for problems like yours to occur.

Originally posted by devonutopia in this post

James - sounds like you've got the duff Fabia from the production line. I don't believe anyone here has had as many problems as yourself... :(

If things get too much, the dealer should start thinking about getting you another Fabia of similar age/mileage/engine. 10,000 miles is a ridiculous mileage for problems like yours to occur.

Tell me about it.

I was thinking it was just me, and everytime I forgive it's shortcomings, another one pop's up, this leaking business is just too much, I had a felicia once, only about a year old that leaked from practically every oriface sunroof, windows, boot, and even though they fixed it, it never smelt the same again! kind of like a butlins chalet if you've ever had the pleasure!.

Arhggggggggggggggggggg.

Cheers :cheers:

Real shame... :(

My TDI is now heading for its 40K service without hardly any problems. The new turbo being the only thing, and it was sorted with such efficiency and service, I was quite pleased. (plus I got a brand new turbo for free) Apart from that nothing else springs to mind - washer hose popping off in the cold? not serious. Central locking a bit dodgy at the moment = not serious.

BTW - I use an internal black bits restorer, with a citrus smell that gets rid of any dodgy smells. The only dodgy smells in my car comes from when I leave my tennis shoes in for a couple of days.. :D

Originally posted by james in this post

As well as everything else, my 2002 Fabia now has wet rear footwells and lower door panels.

Has anyone experienced this problem, I seem to recall someone mentioning it, but cannot remember what the problem appeared to be, I have checked the door seals and they seem fine, the wetness coming from the lower panel suggests the water may be getting inside the door itself from outsdie, possibly the lower window seal and coming out into the car.

will be water leaking into car from the metal door panels behind the (outer) plastic door cards remove door cards loadsa silicone sealant around metal plate job done ! (and no hammer as well :mad: )

Originally posted by big k in this post
Originally posted by james in this post

will be water leaking into car from the metal door panels behind the (outer) plastic door cards remove door cards loadsa silicone sealant around metal plate job done ! (and no hammer as well :mad: )

Thanks,

Any idea how to remove the door cards? there doesnt seem to be any screws or fixing points? I don't want to ruin them, that would only add to the joy's of owning this car.

;)

Great thanks !!

He's not really a techy so doesnt use the web that often, they're really cool, much prefer them to my standard elegance alloys.

They were in excellent condition, you obviously look after them, mine are presently black and tired, willhave to get him to wonder wheels them for me ;)

Good to hear!

As for the door cards, if its the same as the fronts they should be fairly simple to remove.

IIRC there are a few screws along the base of the door card and you have to remove the grab handle where the leccy window switches are located. Prise off the top cover (think its in two sections) and screws are revealed.

Just watch out for the plastic poppers that hold the door card in place as they can break quite easily or they fall out and get lost somewhere. :(