skoda superb reverse camera

i installed a bullet type camera in one of the holes for the reverse sensors (which was broken anyway) I used a composite video to RGB conerter with 2 inputs so I could plug in my MP3 player. All worked fine till I had the locks changed by my local Skoda dealer (DM Keith, Bradford) after the keys were stolen from my house. They denied it was anything to do with what they had done. I used the 'Vid on' pin on the 9 pin connector fed from a switched 12v signal via a 4.7K resistor so the display is forced to the camera when reverse is selected. I have checked all the wiring and still can't find out what is wrong. Anyone have any ideas ??

Note: The camera etc still work fine it's just the switching to reverse camera when I select reverse which doesn't. BTW I also fitted a switch for manual override (with another resistor and diode) which does work but only when the DX unit is set to Aux input, so basically it is the Vid on function which seems to not work any more.

(I also posted this as a response to another members post but no reply. MFD has been hanging out for about 6 months now and getting fed up of having to tell same story to all the passengers. (It's a real b**ch to get back in)

i installed a bullet type camera in one of the holes for the reverse sensors (which was broken anyway) I used a composite video to RGB conerter with 2 inputs so I could plug in my MP3 player. All worked fine till I had the locks changed by my local Skoda dealer (DM Keith, Bradford) after the keys were stolen from my house. They denied it was anything to do with what they had done. I used the 'Vid on' pin on the 9 pin connector fed from a switched 12v signal via a 4.7K resistor so the display is forced to the camera when reverse is selected. I have checked all the wiring and still can't find out what is wrong. Anyone have any ideas ??

Note: The camera etc still work fine it's just the switching to reverse camera when I select reverse which doesn't. BTW I also fitted a switch for manual override (with another resistor and diode) which does work but only when the DX unit is set to Aux input, so basically it is the Vid on function which seems to not work any more.

(I also posted this as a response to another members post but no reply. MFD has been hanging out for about 6 months now and getting fed up of having to tell same story to all the passengers. (It's a real b**ch to get back in)

Here is the circuit diagram of how I installed my reversing camera and hope it might help you fix yours.

I found it was very important that all the earth wires are earthed well otherwise mine would not switch either.

I cannot not see why changing the keys would have coursed this. They're not linked in any way.

5458120911_c5554bdf64.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I think I already checked earthing but will give it another go....

My question is really about logic levels- can't seem to get hold of any tech info for the DX unit. Pal/NTSC swiching works fine with thresholds I set as did Vid On before it went to garage. I just wondered if there was anything on the canbus they might have re-programmed which may have affected it. Just annoying cos I can't see where I'm going in reverse and have already done enough damage to bumper!

• 2 weeks later...

- Fixed it now. still not sure what problem was but probably bad contacts within the MFD. took the unit apart and there were several board to board connections which I cleaned out. I also traced the Vid on line as far as I could and found there is a 10K series resistor already there so no fear that I may have damaged the input by sticking to many volts down it....