fabia 14tsi vrs p/x or keep

curs

After reading about all the problems with this 14 tsi engine I am now thinking of changing it, what do you think.

Car Dec 2010 60 plate vrs with 2.5k, oil top up so far 3.5LT,the dealer has asked me to come back when I have done 3k if it has not settled, this is my main worry.

Was hoping to keep car for 5 years but with all the reports I keep reading about I am now worried that when the warranty runs out I could be left with a huge bill if this oil problem continues. I am thinking of getting a Mazda MX5 6 speed sport 10 plate 1 owner 881 miles price £14375 should I keep the vrs as I love the car or go for the mazda, and how much is my car now worth.

My wife has a fabia sport 2008 12(not tsi) and never put a drop of oil in it between services, had no problems with this car. Thankyou

After reading about all the problems with this 14 tsi engine I am now thinking of changing it, what do you think.

Car Dec 2010 60 plate vrs with 2.5k, oil top up so far 3.5LT,the dealer has asked me to come back when I have done 3k if it has not settled, this is my main worry.

Was hoping to keep car for 5 years but with all the reports I keep reading about I am now worried that when the warranty runs out I could be left with a huge bill if this oil problem continues. I am thinking of getting a Mazda MX5 6 speed sport 10 plate 1 owner 881 miles price £14375 should I keep the vrs as I love the car or go for the mazda, and how much is my car now worth.

My wife has a fabia sport 2008 12(not tsi) and never put a drop of oil in it between services, had no problems with this car. Thankyou

That is nowhere near normal, I would defo go back to the dealer and have an examination off that engine...

Something just doesn't feel right there!

All engines have there problems the 1.4 TSI is one of the best engine out there i have a vRS estate with 3100 miles on it and i have put 1 litres of oil in it in 4 months so if i was you i would keep the car

Some of the MkII vrs' have been a bit thirsty but I can't see it being a major trouble. My dealer told me to keep a close eye on it for the first few thousand miles. 4k later and she's had 1.5ltrs of oil and no engine trouble.

Did have a little issue with some contaminated fuel but that's not the cars fault.

Swap it for a MX5, a much purer driving experience.. slower but certainly more fun...

warning though.. the MX5 engines are reliable and cheap to maintain but thirtsy. my 63yrs neighbour get about 31mpg from hios 2.0 2009 mx5, and i don't think he has ever overtaken in it.

It's truly a fun chuckable little car that makes you feel like a driving god

As fun as repeatedly trolling the vRS for some people can be, you should better have a look at the oil consumption problem. There are no "rotten" engines, especially such new ones, but problems may appear to one model or the other that need attention. That's what the garantie is there for anyway. A brand new car shouldn't be treated like a new fridge, "oh, it makes noise, to hell with it let's give it back and buy a new one...".

I believe you should look into the problem more seriously, rather than taking the easy way of dumping it. Unless you don't really care about spending your money that is...

thankyou for all your comments have decided to keep the fabia as cant find anyone who will give me a good p/x price range from 10k to 10.7k this was from the main dealer and an independant sucks hay! 60 plate vrs black roof black wheels car dec 2010 under 3k miles. The thing is i have 27 months warranty left so will put the oil thing to the back of my mind and enjoy the car. I will get the dealer to have a look at it as he said if it dosen't settle after 3k.

thankyou for all your comments have decided to keep the fabia as cant find anyone who will give me a good p/x price range from 10k to 10.7k this was from the main dealer and an independant sucks hay! 60 plate vrs black roof black wheels car dec 2010 under 3k miles. The thing is i have 27 months warranty left so will put the oil thing to the back of my mind and enjoy the car. I will get the dealer to have a look at it as he said if it dosen't settle after 3k.

Enjoy the car yes, but don't let it pass the warranty. As soon as you ve made the rest miles and consumption continues like that, pay him a visit. He probably said this as its stated in the manual that oil consumption can be higher in the first 5000KM, thus it cannot yet be considered as a problem from him. But you can also stick to the manual for the parts that favor you, like the one saying that the maximum accepted oil consumption would be 500ml/1000Km (or the equivalent for miles). If it needs more then you have a strong argument and he is obliged to find the problem.

Edited by newbie69

Enjoy the car yes, but don't let it pass the warranty. As soon as you ve made the rest miles and consumption continues like that, pay him a visit. He probably said this as its stated in the manual that oil consumption can be higher in the first 5000KM, thus it cannot yet be considered as a problem from him. But you can also stick to the manual for the parts that favor you, like the one saying that the maximum accepted oil consumption would be 500ml/1000Km (or the equivalent for miles). If it needs more then you have a strong argument and he is obliged to find the problem.

thankyou

I somehow managed to get £12,500 for mine, similar age and double the mileage!

Good luck with your car