TDI Tuning digital Powerbox for Superb pd130

pdsuperb

I have been reading as much as i can about these boxes and weighing up the pros and cons of one versus a remap, i suppose price dictates in the matter so it will either be the box or nothing, now after looking around this company do a box which is claimed to take pd130 upto 163bhp - That will do nicely, now im unsure whether this fits between the injector loom (where the good ones are supposed to go) or fits onto the air temp sensor plug (where the cheap resistor, crap goes) Yet on the website, It shows installation instructions with pictures and a ten pin plug which is obviously the injector harness etc...... Yet the box itself and the video they provide shows it being fitted onto what looks like an air temp sensor with 2 or 3 pin connectors.. Has anybody had any experience of one of these from this particular company and if they fit on the loom or the air temp sensor, they say they are digital boxes. Cheers.

LINK

Powerbox Superb pd130

Edited by pdsuperb

Just got a reply from them right now saying this : Hi,

The unit fits to the fuel pressure /viscosity sensor plug, it simply fits in-line with your existing harness I hope this helps any further information please don?t hesitate to contact us.

What does this equate to? Im not too clued up on PD engines. ! Yet.

Drop the box and get a real remap of the ECU in stead. It will last longer, give much better performance and never destroy your engine or clutch. I've had my Superb remapped for 200k miles and i still have the original turbo + clutch. Figures are 170bhp @ 365 nm. Fuel economy is the same and in some cases better, when cruising at 70mph. My Superb doesn't smoke much anymore either, which will be significant when using a box.

Just got a reply from them right now saying this : Hi,

The unit fits to the fuel pressure /viscosity sensor plug, it simply fits in-line with your existing harness I hope this helps any further information please don?t hesitate to contact us.

If the picture is a representative picture of the actual box, then I'm afraid that's not correct and it actually fits into the fuel temperature sensor and changes the reading that the ECU receives. You can do the same thing with a 5p resistor from Maplins :thumbup:

If the picture is a representative picture of the actual box, then I'm afraid that's not correct and it actually fits into the fuel temperature sensor and changes the reading that the ECU receives. You can do the same thing with a 5p resistor from Maplins :thumbup:

Yeah, it looks like it doesnt it... I had a proper van aaken box on my old 110 afn b5 a4 and it plugged into the actual loom, £300 bit of kit.

Think i'll swerve that box and save up for a remap. Many thanks.

Drop the box and get a real remap of the ECU in stead. It will last longer, give much better performance and never destroy your engine or clutch. I've had my Superb remapped for 200k miles and i still have the original turbo + clutch. Figures are 170bhp @ 365 nm. Fuel economy is the same and in some cases better, when cruising at 70mph.

There are a few Fabia owners who would disagree with that one.

My Superb doesn't smoke much anymore either, which will be significant when using a box.

Funny, that because SWMBO's PD Golf is running a Dragon Digital tuning box and does not smoke at all.

There are pro's and con's of both, a good remap will be better than a tuning box, whereas a good digital tuning box will be better than a bad remap AND it will be transferable between cars whereas a remap will not.

IF you must buy a box then get a good digital one, not the POS in that link.

The Dragon Digital boxes are IMO very good, however they were closed down a few years ago so s/h is your only option for them.

SWMBO has one on her MK5 PD Golf and despite a very slight hiccup every now and then when the turbo spools up it has transformed the car (given it much better low down torque) she did contemplate getting a remap a few weeks ago but decided that the dragon box was more than good enough and a remap was not worth an extra £200 + over the box, so she has kept it.

Urgent !! Need a reply asap.. Will a tuning box from a golf gt tdi pd130 with round screw on injector loom connectors fit my superb pd130 ?

They are not the rectangular connections but the round ones that screw to secure, I have come across a tuning box, a proper one from a golf pd130 but need to know if the skoda fittings are the same.

Thanks.