rpm in idle

markol

I have Superb 2008 2.0 tdi 170PS and I have problem with excessive consumption in idle.

- 1.2 l/h, normal is 0.6 l/h.

- RPM 1000-1100, normal 800

- smelling

Error appears only occasionally.

Anyone has similar problems?

thanks, marko

i had the same problem with the same motor. in my car was the sensor for the dpf defective and the car was all the time in regeneration mode, without the lamp on. is eventually after stopping your motor the cooling fan still on for about 2 or 3 minutes?

I had this recently in my octy

Have you perhaps had a recent service and fuel filter change? is the smell fuel?

I had a fuel filter replaced recently, but the fuel filter housing not sealed correctly. This resulted in lower fuel pressure hence the over revving and unfortunately diesel was leaking out too (ate my tarmac drive!)

It was temporarily sealed by the AA, but then when it came to sort it our properly found that this had gone wrong and damaged the fuel filter housing. In the end the whole thing including pipes to from it had to be replaced.

Thankfully my car is a lease, so not my prob to get sorted and they are now chasing round to get my drive fixed too :doh:

Edited by madfiddler

i had the same problem with the same motor. in my car was the sensor for the dpf defective and the car was all the time in regeneration mode, without the lamp on. is eventually after stopping your motor the cooling fan still on for about 2 or 3 minutes?

yes after stopping motor the cooling fan still on, only that my car is not in regeneration mode, but they (skoda servis) clean dpf about one year ago and then the problem start.

in my service have no idea what is wrong

thanks a lot, marko

Edited by markol

I had this recently in my octy

Have you perhaps had a recent service and fuel filter change? is the smell fuel?

I had a fuel filter replaced recently, but the fuel filter housing not sealed correctly. This resulted in lower fuel pressure hence the over revving and unfortunately diesel was leaking out too (ate my tarmac drive!)

It was temporarily sealed by the AA, but then when it came to sort it our properly found that this had gone wrong and damaged the fuel filter housing. In the end the whole thing including pipes to from it had to be replaced.

Thankfully my car is a lease, so not my prob to get sorted and they are now chasing round to get my drive fixed too :doh:

no, but this problem is goin on for all year and the service can not find any problems

have you had problems all the time or only occasionally?

thanks a lot, marko

mine wasn´t in regeneration mode to. just the sensor gave wrong data and some parts of the car "thought" it is time for an regenration (sorry for the bad explanation!)

i had exactly your problem and changing the dpf-sensor solved the problem.

Same problem,same solution(changing the differential pressure sensor,03G906051A-old one, 076906051A-new one).

Occasionally,the engine is running at about 1000RPM,it smells,big consumption at idle,and also the turbocharger is going crazy.

After the dealers tried many many many times to solve the problem,I went home and did a couple of engine logging and saw the problem.This sensor is giving wrong data(differential pressure-before/after DPF) to the computer and the computer will try to regenerate the DPF thinking it is clogged,but without the dashboard lamp,because the other sensor that reads the soot/ash level of the DPF is still giving correct information(it is not clogged).If you want to be sure this is the problem,go for a 20km ride outside the city at 2000-2500 rpm(DPF regeneration procedure),and you will see the car will be back to normal,as the car will think it had successfully cleaned the DPF and it won't go in another regeneration process.This is a temporary solution.In my case this trick solved the problem for a few days.

Same problem,same solution(changing the differential pressure sensor,03G906051A-old one, 076906051A-new one).

Occasionally,the engine is running at about 1000RPM,it smells,big consumption at idle,and also the turbocharger is going crazy.

After the dealers tried many many many times to solve the problem,I went home and did a couple of engine logging and saw the problem.This sensor is giving wrong data(differential pressure-before/after DPF) to the computer and the computer will try to regenerate the DPF thinking it is clogged,but without the dashboard lamp,because the other sensor that reads the soot/ash level of the DPF is still giving correct information(it is not clogged).If you want to be sure this is the problem,go for a 20km ride outside the city at 2000-2500 rpm(DPF regeneration procedure),and you will see the car will be back to normal,as the car will think it had successfully cleaned the DPF and it won't go in another regeneration process.This is a temporary solution.In my case this trick solved the problem for a few days.

that´s what i wanted to say with my poor english skills :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, now I am waiting... that at service get a new sensor

• 1 month later...

Mine does the same at ~600 km intervals,and it stays like that for about 20-30 km.From my point of view it's the normal passive dpf regeneration.It's much better now after the sensor was changed,because before it was regenerating nonstop.

Mine does the same at ~600 km intervals,and it stays like that for about 20-30 km.From my point of view it's the normal passive dpf regeneration.It's much better now after the sensor was changed,because before it was regenerating nonstop.

this can not be and should not be normal, my car even does not go smoothly, when the rpm are under 2500