had my decat fitted today eventualy

after having to have it cut and get a reducer

lol direct fit from ebay :rofl:

bonus though no light came on

its a bit juddery and jumpy when cold

is this normal just noticed as been to the garage

was ok today after fitted as was warm

anyone else had this

Was it like this before decat was fitted?

If not then maybe give it a day or so for ECU to learn the fuel/air parameters of the new exhaust and driving styles, i.e slow fast driving etc etc.

If still lumpy, perhaps you could be unlucky and a temp sensor has malfunctioned, as that could cause lumpy running till warm then car runs fine. Cheap fix at around £20 and 2 minutes to replace.

Have you tried a throttle body clean?

What colour is your coolant temp sender? Maybe check and see if its black or green? Newer one is green.

Throttle clean will not help if car is running fine when warm, but if never been cleaned a worhwhile job as will help smoothness of throttle response generally. :thumbup:

Have you tried a throttle body clean?

What colour is your coolant temp sender? Maybe check and see if its black or green? Newer one is green.

no havent done it yet

was going to have a go but knowing me would **** it up lol

wheres the temp sender?

might sound dumb but i havent a clue :rofl:

It's worth a try mate, only a couple of quid for the gasket and some carb cleaner. I had lumpy running issues when i got my car and i cleaned the tb and it was alot better.

Remove both plastic engine cover's, and you will see the sensor sitting proud out of a coolant hose that's running from the radiator. You can't miss it. If it's still the black sensor just replace it anyway as it will play up.

it will come on eventually once as the ecu will see no difference between the lambda sensors. I went with a sports cat on my old vRS, would just about pass an MOT test when hot.

Dont forget you will need to refit an exhaust with cat to pass the MOT test, so hopefully you have one to hand.

it will come on eventually once as the ecu will see no difference between the lambda sensors. I went with a sports cat on my old vRS, would just about pass an MOT test when hot.

Not all ECU will throw a light mine has not, and quite a few folks on here reported no cell with a decat. :thumbup: