. . . . Few bigger mods

Following on from my "Few small mods" thread, this month I`v done a couple of larger ones so I thought I`d share.

First up was a new exhaust. The one on the car before was a scorpion one that I bought when I had the car mapped. While I liked it, after a argument with a kerb it looked a little out of shape and needed replacing or fixing. So I was thinking about which setup to go for when TrevorB33 listed his Milltek System & Sports cat. So not hanging around I snapped it up, given the only thing that stopped me getting this setup new was the price it was perfect timing. So early one morning Trevor met me at Unit 18. After a bit of friendly Bus driver VS Bus engineer banter, Alistair got down to business removing my standard cat so Trevor could get home to some much needed sleep, and fitting the rest of the kit. I didnt get any pictures since I was fairly tired myself, but after a while it was all fitted and I could go and try it out.

I wasnt expecting it to be massively different. I wasnt expecting any more power, and thought it`d be a little louder, but still fairly tame compared to my mates decat system. However, when I took it out I was pleasantly surprised! It sounds much much deeper compared to the scorpion system, when it gets to 3,000rpm it really bellows and sounds great. It still retains the nice, quiet subtle sound when driving slowly, but a little prod of the pedal and you can really hear the difference. You can also hear much more turbo whistle from the rear, and as an added bonus, it feels quicker spinning up when booting it now. Not "night and day" but after a while driving it, it`s made a small but very noticeable difference.

Quick picture, filthy but you all know what one looks like

IMG_3407-1.jpg

Well happy with it, thanks to Trevor, top bloke and Alistair @ Unit 18 for his as always excellent skills and service. Just need to give it a good polish now!

The second bit mod was, much to my other half`s disgust yet another set of wheels. :rofl: This is the 6th set of wheels I think so hopefully these will be staying for a while. I was struggling to decide on a set, I wanted something that looked good and was light. I spent ages looking thru the wheel archive thread and decided on a set of TD Pro Race 3`s. I` read somewhere that they were available in anthercite, but after much hunting I could only find them in one place, for a full £200 more than they were at http://www.rimstyle.com/ in white. So I went for them and decided that IF I didnt like white, I could just get them sprayed later on, and it`d not cost any more overall.

So they arrived,

IMG_4089.jpg

then slapped on, they look ultra white because the car is still filthy in the pictures :rofl:

IMG_4105-1.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

After 2 days they look, erm, dirty . .

IMG_4127.jpg

005c72ab.jpg

After a week, i`v warmed to the white, they will deffo be a bitch to clean, but once the whole car and wheels are washed I think it`ll work quite well. I know they arnt original, and I`m not the first to fit them, but I`m very picky with wheels. They are nice and light, and it feels much more nimble than on the S3 wheels. They also look very "brembo accommodating" which could be handy for the future.

Also, full marks to www.rimstyle.com also. Excellent service, fast delivery and great prices. Good communication, really cant recommend them enough.

So thats it for now, sorry its a bit of a long read, but I always get carried away, I`m sure most will skip and just look at the pictures :rofl:

Comments and criticism welcome :thumbup:

Matt

Beautiful wheels, set the car off brilliantly. I do like the s3 alloys as well thou!!! :)

Yeah, I really like the look and stance with them on, but they are soooooo heavy. I`m keeping them, just undecided what to do with them.

I think six spokes in same design would look a tad nicer but still looks great :)

I didnt think they done 6 Spokes?! I know mo6`s are similar design, but I was tied between which I liked more, looking at picutres, I think these just edge it and the comps being double the price kinda made the choice for me. Still really wanna see these in antercite tho.

Very nice! Where can I get the exhaust from? I know this may sound noobish but the sports cat isn't a decat is it lol?

Sports cat is a less restrictive cat, but still does the job, so no MOT fail should they make it so in any future changes. Milltek have a website you can buy on, or try dmp performance.

Thanks for all the comments guys :thumbup:

Matt