Does my Roomster have alarm?

heineoen

Hi! :)

I don't know if my Roomster has a alarm system from factory.

Is there a easy way to test this?

I have a red bulb on top of driver door, this starts flashing when I lock my doors.

Is this only a dummie?

Edited by heineoen

Hi! :)

I don't know if my Roomster has a alarm system from factory.

Is there a easy way to test this?

I have a red bulb on top of driver door, this starts flashing when I lock my doors.

Is this only a dummie?

Unless somebody at Skoda Factory was trying to kidding you with a fake light, yes, you have an alarm system installed emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Edited by Lorenzo

Not sure if this is valid on your model. Unlock it with the key (you may have to open the door as well). If you don't insert the key into the ignition within 30 seconds the alarm is activated.

Edited by James_

Not sure if this is valid on your model. Unlock it with the key (you may have to open the door as well). If you don't insert the key into the ignition within 30 seconds the alarm is activated.

Could it be an ALARM signal light with NO real alarm installed? Weird. It reminds me of those cheap aftermarket fake alarm light we used to stick on dashboards when I was 18. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

(btw, at the time my car was so old no thief could have given a damn about it...alarm or not)

Easy way to test is to sit in the car and lock it with the remote. Now just move around inside the car or try to open a door with a door handle, the alarm will go off.

Do you have a button in the middle of the drivers door? This is to turn off the motion sensor part of the alarm system if you are leaving a pet in the car.

Source wikipeida:

"An immobiliser or immobilizer is an electronic device fitted to an automobile which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key (or other token) is present. This prevents the car from being "hot wired" after entry has been achieved."

You mean this? :)

You mean this?

Yup, it lets any would-be thieves know that they can't get away with your car simply by bypassing the ignition switch.

As already mentioned, if there was a factory fitted alarm present you would have a switch in the drivers door panel to isolate the interior motion detector (for when pets etc are left in the vehicle)

All my previous Skodas have had the flashing light in the doors, even when an alarm was not fitted - they all had imobilisers built into them though.

• 2 weeks later...

that happend to me the first time i got my octavia unlocked it with the key and a few seconds later the alarm went of use the key fob now