Auto folding mirror VCDS scan log

Pramods

I am planning to retrofit auto folding mirror on my Yeti(RHD) with autodimming, heated , electrical adjusted, puddle light and turn indicator mirrors, the parts that I have identified are 2011 manufactured and am not sure if they will behave properly with the BCM of my 2010 manufactured 2011 model Yeti, the current controller module for front drive and passenger are 7N0 959 793 A and 7N0 959 792 A while the new module that does support auto folding are 7N0 959 793 E and 7N0 959 792 E but they have started showing upon only currently in newer modules manufactured from jun 2011 onward.

Other parts that have been identified are

Front driver side mirror 5L2 857 508 R MODEL PR+6XL + 7R7

front passenger side mirror 5L2 857 507 T MODEL PR-6XL + 7R7

and the Switch 1Z2 959 565 E color Black

Incase if the parts identified would not work then this would be a very costly Gamble for me, request all to post VCDS scan log of Yeti with Auto Folding mirror this will help in identifying the right parts to order.

-Pramod

Hi, I know its a personal preference, but do you really want folding mirrors? When and if they fail they are extremely expensive to replace (the X5 cost 500 quid a side), especially you would have to shell out a huge amount of money now for a retrofit.

• 3 months later...

I am planning to retrofit auto folding mirror on my Yeti(RHD) with autodimming, heated , electrical adjusted, puddle light and turn indicator mirrors, the parts that I have identified are 2011 manufactured and am not sure if they will behave properly with the BCM of my 2010 manufactured 2011 model Yeti, the current controller module for front drive and passenger are 7N0 959 793 A and 7N0 959 792 A while the new module that does support auto folding are 7N0 959 793 E and 7N0 959 792 E but they have started showing upon only currently in newer modules manufactured from jun 2011 onward.

Other parts that have been identified are

Front driver side mirror 5L2 857 508 R MODEL PR+6XL + 7R7

front passenger side mirror 5L2 857 507 T MODEL PR-6XL + 7R7

and the Switch 1Z2 959 565 E color Black

Incase if the parts identified would not work then this would be a very costly Gamble for me, request all to post VCDS scan log of Yeti with Auto Folding mirror this will help in identifying the right parts to order.

-Pramod

Hello Pramods, since I am also planning to do this retrofit on my YETI, did you manage to complete this job?

No I have not changed the mirror, it's expensive to do and maintain as here the Yeti range don't come with that option and would be difficult to maintain in case of any eventuality.

-Pramod

But my friend, in case something happens with the new auto folding mirror, you will have the old one for immediate replacement! :)

My controllers are 7N0 959 793&792 E, so for me it is only a matter of changing the mirror and switch! Did you manage to get auto scan?!