I keep hearing the MK1 Fabia VRS is "Fast" becoming a chavs car...

Beancounter1980

I've seen this posted on other websites and Briskoda and have heard it person a few times now.

What do people mean by "Chav" car???

I find it slightly dubious the chav brigade would want a derv anyway. They tend to go for the petrol don't they??

Moreover, they are rare as heck in West Mids area. I probably only see one Fabia VRS a week...

Saxo, Corsa etc...

Does this mean i can no longer ar my trackie pants, hoodie and beany hats???? :p

I've seen this posted on other websites and Briskoda and have heard it person a few times now.

What do people mean by "Chav" car???

I find it slightly dubious the chav brigade would want a derv anyway. They tend to go for the petrol don't they??

Moreover, they are rare as heck in West Mids area. I probably only see one Fabia VRS a week...

Saxo, Corsa etc...

Does this mean i can no longer ar my trackie pants, hoodie and beany hats???? :p

News to me as well. I live in Worcs but work in Brum and I've never seen anyone under the age of 30(ish) driving one. I occasionally see 1 or 2 vRS's on my way into work but you're right, there doesn't seem to be a lot around (at least when I'm out and about in mine). I guess that's why I've never seen another Briskoda sticker. ;)

As for it becoming a "chav" car, I guess it's possible with the ever decreasing used prices, but I think you're right that the majority of chav "tuners" wouldn't likely go for a diesel, and I've not seen many (any?) UK cars with those tasteful body kits they seem to bolt on to Corsas over here. If that is going to start happening to the Fabia, then I look forward to the comedy that will ensue.

Chav car......hhhhmmmmmmm..........a car that is cheap to buy and insure for the amount of speed/power it offers!.....and yes it is that cheap as it is now at most 8yrs old! Ad there are alot of "mods" that can be done to it!

Any fast, cheapt to run small car can become a "chav" car as it gets older.

But the word "chav" and Skoda Diesel don't seem to go together in my mind.

Most of the time the ones I see are driven by rather mature gentlemen anwyway.

I think it will eventually become a "Chav Car" or one for "Boy Racers" as everything gets cheaper. Another diesel hatch that gained notoriety with chavs was the Peugeot 306 DTurbo. I said a while ago that a Fabia vRs could be a modern replacement

• Like 1

Yes it is becoming a chav car simply because of it's low insurance grouping and being dirt cheap to buy 2nd hand, and cheap to run too. I've seen a fair few around here in the hands of the local chav cruiser brigade. It wont be long before we see them regularly on Barry Boys sadly. I've even seen a few Furby SDi's chav'd up.

News to me as well. I live in Worcs but work in Brum and I've never seen anyone under the age of 30(ish) driving one. I occasionally see 1 or 2 vRS's on my way into work but you're right, there doesn't seem to be a lot around (at least when I'm out and about in mine). I guess that's why I've never seen another Briskoda sticker. ;)

As for it becoming a "chav" car, I guess it's possible with the ever decreasing used prices, but I think you're right that the majority of chav "tuners" wouldn't likely go for a diesel, and I've not seen many (any?) UK cars with those tasteful body kits they seem to bolt on to Corsas over here. If that is going to start happening to the Fabia, then I look forward to the comedy that will ensue.

Mines not a vRS, but it is a bit chav and in and around Worcester lol

I'm not sure if this is correct. Some guy on Facebook was giving me stick because I drive a Skoda. He said he would rather catch the bus than have a Skoda, He owned a Pug 306. Obviously an idiot who had no idea what he was on about. I asked him for a race for papers on the car and he never got back to me, Bellend HA!! (Glad he never called my bluff though)

Dave

My dog would morethan likely beat his car in a race and he's a 12stone puppy!

Edited by Polluxtroy69

We've got a "chav" driving one around the Frechville area of Sheffield.Silver Fabia vrs,black wheels.drives like a right d***head when the school kids come out for their lunch.

My 14 year old son says him and his mates laugh at him trying to impress the school girls.

not many 17 year olds are rich enough to run a VRS as a first car though in all honesty. I don't see that many of them on the road either tbh. I reckon mine is in the minority in being an original unmodded car though :)

I had one at 17 also - I'm not a chav though. I'm now 23 and drive an Audi!

To be honest I've owned myn since 18, nw 22 and I was forever showing people the performance of the car. I was one of two hu owned a fab vrs my brother bin the over. Bt in the last year or so I can easily say I knw 8 mayb 9 people younger than me hu own 1 tht I wud put in 2 the chav bracket. I.e mcdonalds car park cruiser! Its making me fnk twice bout selling mayb 4 a edtion 30 sumfnk thy cudnt afford lol

To be honest I've owned myn since 18, nw 22 and I was forever showing people the performance of the car. I was one of two hu owned a fab vrs my brother bin the over. Bt in the last year or so I can easily say I knw 8 mayb 9 people younger than me hu own 1 tht I wud put in 2 the chav bracket. I.e mcdonalds car park cruiser! Its making me fnk twice bout selling mayb 4 a edtion 30 sumfnk thy cudnt afford lol

Could we actually have this reply in something called English, not textspeak? It does make you look a bit dim typing like that. Thanks :thumbup:

• Like 1

It helps to go towards the non-chav look when people type a comment out in full, without resorting to text speak in my humble opinion of course

Felly - are we becoming the Brisky vigilantes or what?

Glad to see you still here mate