vRS Mk2 nearly 1 year on.....

bingo765

One year on and had my first major breakdown, well, if you can call it that.

Had the yellow rectangular symbol flash up on the dashboard momentarily,when overtaking in sports mode. It happened 3 times, only yesterday it flashed up engine fault and had to stop. The ESP light was lit.

Called the RAC , and they rigged up the diagnostic computer. Coil 1 was faulty and had it replaced. Apparently, these coils are not brilliant and do fail on VW cars.

Car is now back to it's normal self.

15,000 miles on, I have to say it's been a beast of a car and given me a whole lot of fun. Hopefully, many more thousands of miles of pleasure in the future!

So, apart from the one major breakdown yesterday ,only other things that have gone wrong are....1/ the interior bonnet release snapped off after 2 weeks and 2/ the ignition barrel replaced after 10,000 miles.

There have been several strange things happen with the gearbox ,but the faults always seem to clear themselves. So, can't really worry about those too much.

I must say that I have never had a car so prone to windscreen chips and shortly going to have to have the whole thing replaced.

I have had 5 stone chips in the year, yet with previous cars never managed 5 in 15 years!!

But with that all said,

anyone wanting a surprisingly fast, fun car should definitely buy a Fabia vRS. You would be daft not to! :giggle:

Edited by bingo765

What kind of gear box problems you been having?

On 6 occasions since new , having stopped at a junction and turning around the roundabout, the gearbox refuses to change gear and just revs continuously until hitting the red line.The only way to clear it is to frantically hit the paddles!

When the orange triangle flashes during manoeuvres it simPly means you ESP is intervening ....

Haven't had mine a year, but have done 17,000 miles! No faults yet....

[/quote

#

The ESP flashed on after the warning that an engine fault had occurred and I should turn the engine off.

Up until a few days ago ,the ESP had never flashed once on the dashboard since new!

Wow, I thought I had done too many miles ,but glad you've had no faults! :thumbup:

One year on and had my first major breakdown, well, if you can call it that.

Had the yellow rectangular symbol flash up on the dashboard momentarily,when overtaking in sports mode. It happened 3 times, only yesterday it flashed up engine fault and had to stop. The ESP light was lit.

Called the RAC , and they rigged up the diagnostic computer. Coil 1 was faulty and had it replaced. Apparently, these coils are not brilliant and do fail on VW cars.

Car is now back to it's normal self.

15,000 miles on, I have to say it's been a beast of a car and given me a whole lot of fun. Hopefully, many more thousands of miles of pleasure in the future!

So, apart from the one major breakdown yesterday ,only other things that have gone wrong are....1/ the interior bonnet release snapped off after 2 weeks and 2/ the ignition barrel replaced after 10,000 miles.

There have been several strange things happen with the gearbox ,but the faults always seem to clear themselves. So, can't really worry about those too much.

I must say that I have never had a car so prone to windscreen chips and shortly going to have to have the whole thing replaced.

I have had 5 stone chips in the year, yet with previous cars never managed 5 in 15 years!!

But with that all said,

anyone wanting a surprisingly fast, fun car should definitely buy a Fabia vRS. You would be daft not to! :giggle:

I know what you mean about the windscreen, I had a small stone hit my screen and it put a massive crack in it. The chap that replaced it said he had done alot of Fabia 2's recently so don't know if we're unlucky or there prone to collecting stone chips.

Nice to know you're enjoying the car. How have the Skoda dealers been in respect to the faults?

The skoda dealers aren't aware yet of the coil fault ,as only broke down a couple of days ago. But as for the minor issues, dealt with no problem.

Can i ask what was the problem with the ignition barrel. Mine has been getting harder and harder to turn the key lately, is this what happend to yours?

Exactly the same matey, almost so stiff that I thought I was going to break the key!

It's covered under guarantee though :)