PD140 engine

ah101

I currently own a 130PD diesel car, which has been rock solid engine wise, but will have to change my car within 12 months (company rules!).

I've seen all the topics on the oil pump failing on the 140PD engine. What are the practicalities of getting the pump replaced say every 80k miles? What I mean is, is it an expensive job to do? I.E. more than £150 to £200?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A complete waste of time and money. The pump drives fail on the 2.0 PD engines at the drop of a hat and will wreck the engine unless you notice and stop it immediately. Real world traffic conditions don't allow this. Who in their right mind wants a DPF which requires expensive maintenance?

The Mk1 Superb is a banger now. When running a banger, choose it carefully and look after it. This means running a 1.9 PD - all the other models are a waste of money for various reasons.

rotodiesel.

Thanks for replying so quick!

The car would have to be the MK2 version as my company will not allow a car of more tham 7yrs of age. So my next question is, is the CR engine okay? I know this is the MK1 forum so apologies if I miss lead you into thinking I was thinking of getting another MK1. Hope you don't mind answering the question in the incorrect forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the responsivity of the PD140 engine at the right revs in my 2004 Octy 2, but I've had a knackered turbo, porous cylinder head (2004 build) and possibly a bad crankshaft bearing, all around 250,000 km. Let's just say that it isn't the older generation of engines which soldiered on for ever...

Edited by ndicki

Thanks for replying so quick!

The car would have to be the MK2 version as my company will not allow a car of more tham 7yrs of age. So my next question is, is the CR engine okay? I know this is the MK1 forum so apologies if I miss lead you into thinking I was thinking of getting another MK1. Hope you don't mind answering the question in the incorrect forum.

I posted a very related question on the MK2 forum today! I am also interested in the MK2, specifically 170 PS version. So far nobody implying any problems!