More DPF woes

Hi there

My VRS LE went into limp mode for the second time (10 seconds after the regen light came on) so drove straight to Dennis Horton Lincoln. The first time they looked at it and told me it was my driving style (I do a lot of motorway mileage, but also bits and bobs round town - so happy to accept that). When I returned on Tuesday when I called them back they told me they were sourcing a new DPF as mine was completely clogged due to a sensor issue.

My questions - how long does it take for a DPF to be delivered to a garage? (they quoted a couple of days but there is no sign yet) the courtesy car is nice, but miss the VRS grunt!

have also been searching on here about DPF removal. All good feedback, but has anyone had any problems - planning on having this done when the car comes out of manufacturers warranty in May next year.

Thanks in advance

Mark

ask to keep your old clogged up dpf. then get the internals ripped out of that one and then swap. then if you ever do have problems at least you have a dpf to put back on. (thats what i would like to do, you are lucky they are giving you a new one)

ask to keep your old clogged up dpf. then get the internals ripped out of that one and then swap.

He can't do that. He's doing it under warranty - the dealer will need to keep the old one.