Yeti CR110 2 wheel drive Horn

K100RS

Our Yeti CR 110 has now done just over 4,000 miles without a problem until now.

When you drive along and want to make a manoeuvre like a three point turn the horn goes off once or twice?

The horn switch area on the wheel is clear of any obstruction and switches on the horn without any problems i.e. clearly makes and brakes contact no problem.

When you drive along and take a turn then the horn will sound once. If you turn the wheel to full lock while in reverse then the horn goes on again for a split second once or twice.

Very annoying when you are dropping somebody late at night and turn around and the locals think you are pippin the horn?

Anybody got an idea to what is going on with the eclectics on this one. Did pull out the horn fuse and push it back in just in case there was a loose connection there.

As it is mainly the wife using the Yeti I have yet to get an exact idea when this always happens.

When you drive along and take a turn then the horn will sound once. If you turn the wheel to full lock while in reverse then the horn goes on again for a split second once or twice.

What an amazing safety feature - surprised nobody thought of it before.:rofl:

My guess is the same. Misalignment of the slip ring.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Will have to try and get hold of a copy of Elsawin to have a look at the parts in the steering column.

Once I am happy with the problem then its find a trustworthy dealer in the Norwich area.

Had my fingers burnt to many times over the years with comapny cars and outright fraud on repairs when brought in for service in the UK.

Had my fingers burnt to many times over the years with comapny cars...

You really should disconnect the battery before working on them! :rofl:

Sorry - is that my coat?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Will have to try and get hold of a copy of Elsawin to have a look at the parts in the steering column.

Once I am happy with the problem then its find a trustworthy dealer in the Norwich area.

Had my fingers burnt to many times over the years with comapny cars and outright fraud on repairs when brought in for service in the UK.

Slight trek but try Simpsons in Gt. Yarmouth if the Norwich dealer is in your bad books. Used them myself and had no complaints.

Will be coverd by the warranty by the way, so no need to worry to much about looking it up yourself.

Regards,

TP

Thanks chaps

Have booked the Yeti with 4,100 miles on the clock with Robinsons of Norwich for a check up this week.

The first time I have ever put in our own personnel vehicle to a dealer for a repair as it is under warranty after sorting out the many faults from Ford and Vauxhall main dealers over the years i.e. not changing the oil or filter (put on a little scratch mark on things) Charging for new front disks that were not changed and another time a bill for new spark plugs that had not been even unscrewed. Perhaps they only try this on company cars hoping the driver cannot be bothered to check anything afterwards.

Let’s hope Skoda give us a nice surprise with some professional work, fingers crossed.

Had been to the Yarmouth Skoda dealer to look at a new Yeti and they were very helpful but could not match the Colchester price.

Did wind up the misses that the horn was there to clear the road for her as a warning device but nearly got my face slapped.

Have to say she passed her IAM driving test with ease but dropped my motorbike turning right with the throttle fully wound up? Piston rings nicely run in.

Will come back once the horn problem has been solved.

Well back again as promised.

Wife’s Yeti CR110 went to Robinsons Skoda garage in Norwich to have a look at the steering wheel/ horn problem.

Dropped off in the early morning and they had found the fault very quickly and ready when my wife retuned around 5.00pm from work.

Nothing to do with the slip rings in the console shorting out and firing off the horn but a piece of silver chain bracelet 90mm long and around 2mm thick?

By some amazing feat my wife managed to get a piece of jewellery hanging from her wrist into the steering console and as the wheel was turned right round the silver shorted out and made the horn come on?

Apart from a piece of gold I could not think of a better conductor to pass 12 volts through to earth. The technicians handed back the broken off piece of silver jewellery to her.

A big thank you to Robinsons Skoda Dealership in Norwich as they have restored my faith in garage servicing after many years of using some other main makes of car forced upon me for work.

Have sent them a photo of the offending item plus a nice letter.

I take my hat off to your technicians and there was no charge.

Great to hear you got it sorted :thumbup:

Strange what FOD (foreign Object Damage) can do to machinery :S Back in 2001 I bought my first Octavia I; ex Skoda UK. After a couple of months ownership the front screen cracked in the bottom nearside corner but on the inside laminate :wonder:

Local dealer agreed it was a warranty job but on removing the screen they found the culprit to be a Czech beer bottle top wedged between the screen and dash; fortunately they excepted I did not have a drink drive problem :rofl:

TP