Skoda's city car the citigo

ColinD

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

To be honest it ust looks like an afterthought from VW... I had a look at the Up! and thought the styling, advertising and market for the car was amazing, they have thought everything through and dotted every i and crossed every t with it. then someone in the boardroom said "well what about skoda we own them we should make a car for their market?" everyone sort of nodded and the Citigo is born...

I think the styling on the front is wrong, they've taken a step back in styling and it just looks a bit cheep and tacky compared to the Up!, the main thing i think that is wrong is the grille, modern design likes sleek and minimalistic, so sticking a huge gaping whole on the front of a tiny car just doesnt work.

The main thing that bugs me though is that steering wheel, it looks okay in the yeti because its sort of chunky like the rest of the car but its UGLY!! they need to get something better in for the smaller cars like this citigo and the fabia because it ruins the look of the interior for me.

• 5 months later...

VW have this uncanny skill that even though they release a cheaper model on the same platform under a different marque the VW brand will always sell more and get an advantage

For example my build date is ludicrous 6months to schedule a right hand drive model when there has to be enough special orders and the rest to be infilled by stock orders where as the up is coming through thick and fast sometimes quicker than initially quoted

Pick up a car magazine auto express etc VW up adverts across 2 pages

The Skoda and the seat are cheaper but VW will sell more ups than Skoda and seat combined and the attitude to prospective buyers shows that

Maybe I'm just ****ed off because I seem to be affected by a huge delay in my order

Also learnt today that I will not qualify for 3 years free servicing as the car will be delivered long long after the promotion has finished

But for the fact we have no delivery date on my order paperwork I'm not sure how I stand about cancelling my order and getting a refund on my deposit

Rant over sorry

Edited by malcster

VW have this uncanny skill that even though they release a cheaper model on the same platform under a different marque the VW brand will always sell more and get an advantage

For example my build date is ludicrous 6months to schedule a right hand drive model when there has to be enough special orders and the rest to be infilled by stock orders where as the up is coming through thick and fast sometimes quicker than initially quoted

Pick up a car magazine auto express etc VW up adverts across 2 pages

The Skoda and the seat are cheaper but VW will sell more ups than Skoda and seat combined and the attitude to prospective buyers shows that

Maybe I'm just ****ed off because I seem to be affected by a huge delay in my order

Also learnt today that I will not qualify for 3 years free servicing as the car will be delivered long long after the promotion has finished

But for the fact we have no delivery date on my order paperwork I'm not sure how I stand about cancelling my order and getting a refund on my deposit

Rant over sorry

They should honour the 3 years service as you have placed order in advance of this offer getting pulled !

*3 years or 30,000 miles free servicing (whichever comes sooner). Terms and Conditions apply. Available when purchased with Solutions or Hire Purchase. 7.9% APR Representative. Available on new retail orders subject to availability before 30th September 2012.

It says orders, not cars delivered.

Get on to Skoda UK and give them some grief... if your dealer is cr*p and won't play ball.

Well apparently after October 21 I can go into a hire car at Skoda UK expense

I'll mention about the servicing then

Once a get a hire car the longer it takes to come the better

Might as well pile the winter miles on a hire car than my own