1989 Skoda Rapid 136

skodanorman

In a previous post I mentioned our latest addition (well, it isn't our latest addition now, but it was then!), so I would like to introduce to you our 1995 Skoda Felicia 1.3 LXi. I bought this from eBay for the pricey sum of £325 with MOT until September. It had 56,000 miles on the clock and appeared to have never left Bolton. We bought it in November and since then it has picked up the daily duties baton with gusto.

Frankly on the twisty lanes around here it actually is more fun to drive than the vRS which is too powerful for most situations. Despite being bought as a runabout it has completed several long distance journeys and although not being particularly quick it is very comfortable and often returns a very respectable 40+ mpg.

We love it. Its a scruffy little old thing and its getting quite rusty, so those arches will need some attention in time, but its such a lot of fun. You don't need to worry about where you park it or if you damage it - it's great!

On the day of collection. Its very basic but I like that. Also, being an earlier Felicia it is becoming increasingly rare.

8731637195_1b381c8f75.jpg

Felicia GHG by skodanorman, on Flickr

We've put 4 new tyres on it, given it a full service and fitted a new radiator.

8731640933_3d53438656.jpg

I've bought a Sumpguard too after the missus did this...

8732762702_a5c785dd47.jpg

• 8 months later...