Skoda Yeti 2?

RapidRonnie

I think the Skoda SUV will be on a different and cheaper platform to the Touraeg e.t.c. and the VW version will just be for the USA.

The bigger new Škoda SUV will be in size between the current Tiguan and Touareg. So if you assume that the next Touareg will grow in size (as ever), the Škoda version should be just a tad smaller than today's Touareg. For the American market the Tiguan is too small and way too expensive for its size hence them needing something bigger (and cheaper).

• 10 months later...

I know people always say about Skoda 'raiding the vag parts bin', but really, these people sitting being bored should really not just photoshop parts of cars together, thats def the side of a touran, are those wheel arches tiguan?

The word 'facelift' kind of gives the concept away, not full body graft

I know people always say about Skoda 'raiding the vag parts bin', but really, these people sitting being bored should really not just photoshop parts of cars together, thats def the side of a touran, are those wheel arches tiguan?

The word 'facelift' kind of gives the concept away, not full body graft

Exactly... That is a very old and very badly done PhotoShop indeed. The cost of replacing every single body panel is prohibative these days. So at most a facelift will replace the front bumper, bonnet and front fenders and then new rear lights (normally within the same old shape so as to keep the rear bumper outline and hatch the same).

Furthermore the Škoda designers have already publicly stated that (sadly) the round foglamps will not be replicated on the facelift... The Yeti facelift will get a very generic Škoda Rapid nose alas. :sweat:

I posted the other day thinking of investing in one of these here yetis. I was thinking of hanging on for the facelift, but I'm increasingly thinking of going for the current especially if the facelift will lose the round lights. Thanks for chipping in 33q, i called Rainworth yesterday and got a call back from a Steve today, which is better than I've managed from others.

I'm trying to find out when the L&K details will be available and when may be ordered - I'll see if Steve can help.

Anyway, I'm new to forums but guessing bad form to not stay on topic so....

If skoda are going to follow the crowd then i guess they will lose the buyers who prefer to have something a little different, but will position the yeti to appeal more towards the masses, but in a competative market they may not then sell any more. I was looking at the sportage, and on paper it seems really good. If I didn't have the Yeti option and faced will a bunch of SUVs that looked like a Kia, then maybe I would just buy one.

• Like 1