QG1 - Miles to next service?

Hi All,

Bought my Octavia in February 2010 and I understand that its shipped on QG1 (flexible/variable service interval. However, at the 1,500K 1000 mile)service the dealer decided to revert to fixed interval - guess he wanted to see me or my wallet more often :smirk: At the 15,000K (10,000 miles) I had them put it back on the flexible/variable again and we used the high spec oil for that service. The car flagged me for its next service at 38,000 miles!! Thats 28,000 on the same oil/filter - thats a lot of miles on the same oil - is that normal for regular type driving?

Anyway - here's the real query... I changed the oil and filter, did the reset through the dashboard MFI but it now showing 9,400 miles or 370 days to next service! I was expecting it to read more like 25,000 miles or 700 days until next service. It's like it has gone back to fixed interval service QG0 (or is it QG2)It's now on its merry way counting back to 0 as its now 9,200 and decreasing.

Any advice on why this might be?

Thanks...

Irlanski

As Tony has said, a variable service can only be reset via VCDS or a dealer. Using the dashpod to clear the service interval forces the car back to a fixed service regime.

As Tony has said, a variable service can only be reset via VCDS or a dealer. Using the dashpod to clear the service interval forces the car back to a fixed service regime.

Thanks Guys... It seems like a balls of an idea that the dashboard reset would do this? I wonder what Skoda were thinking about with this line of programming?

Ok, let me see if I can get my hands on one of those VCDS things... :dull: