paint cracking on roof in rain gutters

My car was registered in march 2008...there seems to be stress stretch cracks above both A pillars just infront of the roof rails....its in the actual paint down to the metal where water channel grooves are situated, my worry is that when it starts to get icy water will turn to ice and make the cracks bigger...

I know some touch up paint can work but that's not the point ...how did they get there!!! I would show a pic but I haven't got a computer til tomorrow!

Is that covered under the 10 year defect warranty? Thanks

Leon

Thanks Ross, I've tried to upload them to photobucket mobile so hope this works...

IMG312.jpg

On the passanger side its cracking all the way along the roof groove, and its as bad on the drivers side... :(

Really? I've never seen this issue before! I was lucky to spot it after I had just washed and clay bar the car. Its annoying that there's a problem in the first place...

Guess its not a recall issue yet....but for everyone else here's a heads up and keep an eye on your roof!

Good to know it was resprayed but I wonder if they will be kind enough to do mine because it's 6 months out of skodas warranty :)

I do have an AA gold cover warranty but I'm not sure how that works...

This happened to my 2007 Fabia. I took it back to the dealers and they repaired and resprayed it. It was a month before the warranty ran out and they had never seen anything like it. Mind they had it a week and I had a 1.2TSI (105) for the week :) Im sure I started a thread on this.

Yeah I did read a mention of your name! Ill let you know what happens on Monday. Was it a 5 day job, and did the cracks come back?

Its a year later and no signs of the cracks. Yes it was in Monday to Friday.

Let me know how you get on, you could mention that it has happend to other fabia's.

Yeah, I'll mention this to them and let them know that others have been repaired by Skoda UK as welll :)

I'll keep you posted tomorrow once I've been to the local dealer :)

Well....I took it to skoda who told me to go to their body shop.

They said because its out of warranty they cant do it.

They also said the pain on the 2 panels that run on the sides of the roof are 154 deep....and the rest of the car is 125 micrograms deep?

So the guy said it looked like it had been sprayed and because the paint was too thick its cracked... but he couldn't see any proof of it being sprayed by anyone else before..

Both dealer and body shop told me to contact skoda uk with my facts to see if they will do it as a guesture of good will.....

What do you think? :(

I'd be VERY p*ssed off if Skoda didn't honour ur claim, IF that is the original paintwork. Could you contact the previous owner to see if it had any body work done? Get them to paint depth measure another Fabia roof seams, to see if it's just ur's or if this is the norm?

They said to me that we'd normally know about defects within weeks of the car being delivered to the customer...

The previous owners home phone is on the service book, would it be cheeky to give them a call and ask them about and previous repairs?

Well I've popped a letter to Skoda UK, and included the links for the images, and previous threads of issues with this matter.

Lets see what they can do, the body shop quoted me £730!!!!!! :'(

Not a HAPPY driver!

Well I've popped a letter to Skoda UK, and included the links for the images, and previous threads of issues with this matter.

Lets see what they can do, the body shop quoted me £730!!!!!! :'(

Not a HAPPY driver!

I think there will quite a lot out there, it depends if you look there .

Skoda UK were really nice and gave me a bell back today, I was impressed with their quick reply!

They have told me to email them the case, and attach the following images, I have also included the images from people previously with the same situation I didn't name any names, but hopefully something can be sorted out.

Lets wait and see :)

• 1 year later...