Front brake pads PR number

I need to purchase new front brake pads for my Skoda 2005 Octavia 1.6 FSI.

A number of suppliers (e.g. Euro Car Parts) offer two alternative front brake pad options: one is suitable for fitting PR 1ZF or 1ZM and the other is suitable for PR 1LL, 1LP or 1ZE. How do I determine which is the version suitable for my car?

The model description from the vehicle data in the service schedule booklet is:

1Z33K4 A5 SH ELE

Transmission GYT 9102 CA 85KW BLF

Optional extras - multiple 3 alpha-numeric references but none identical to the PR 1ZF, 1ZM, 1LL, 1LP or 1ZE.

Would appreciate any advice.

I recently ordered brake discs and pads from euro car parts and service was excellent.

I used their live chat facility on their website as there were 2 or 3 choices for my front pads. They have some sort of Skoda parts book and looked up which ones mine were based on registraion and production date.

They got mine right!

Dougall

• 4 years later...

I called Euro car parts, he said I have to check with my mechanic. My mechanic saying he needs check car again which I dont have time to take there.

I will find PR number and will find right one.

Thanks for reply.

HI,

Based on attached print screen what could be the PR number and VIN?

You can run the codes through a website such as: http://vag-codes.info/#option-decoder to get the descriptions.

For instance my car has - 1KF = Disc breaks, rear.

Then when you search on ECP for rear brake discs for an Octavia 2.0 diesel you should be able to see info under "Fitment Detail" a list which includes things like:

Diameter (mm) = 282

PR Number = 1KF, 1KP

From doing this I now know my rear discs are 282mm

Unfortunately front brakes tend not to be mentioned in the PR details printed in the book, you may have to contact a dealer for the full list for your car.