EGR delete and manifold clean

i did buy egr delete kit from fr-rtuning and let it fit on place.i was surprice how dirty it was after 70k miles.also i get intake manifold clean.look at the pictures.results. no more shaking on idle.no more hops on low RPM.price? 60 pounds for egr delete kit.40 pounds for labour and 20 pounds for intake manifold clean.20111103114528381.jpg

Shot at 2011-11-03

20111103114025201.jpg

Shot at 2011-11-03

201111031137429.jpg

Shot at 2011-11-03

20111103112426956.jpg

Shot at 2011-11-03

20111103112341481.jpg

Shot at 2011-11-03

My 55 plate EGR seized up at 42000 miles and that was with regular serviceing,over £203 for new one with labour.

yes but u still got dirty manifold intake and it will get worse and worse.i think delete kit is good idea.and the allard one got socket ready to plug in hose for boost gauge.

yes but u still got dirty manifold intake and it will get worse and worse.i think delete kit is good idea.and the allard one got socket ready to plug in hose for boost gauge.

I have always wondered whether or not to have the EGR deleted because if you delete the EGR, does this not mean that more soot is passing into the DPF? Will this not cause DPF issues as the soot is not being passed back through to burn off a bit more?

Only asking as I see lots of problems with DPF's and thought that an EGR Delete might make things worse.

I have always wondered whether or not to have the EGR deleted because if you delete the EGR, does this not mean that more soot is passing into the DPF? Will this not cause DPF issues as the soot is not being passed back through to burn off a bit more?

Only asking as I see lots of problems with DPF's and thought that an EGR Delete might make things worse.

It's the EGR that routes the soot into the intake, it has a pipe from the exhaust that allows the exhaust gas to be recycled through the engine. Found have a less sooty exhaust with the delete than as standard, no idea how that works! You will get the CEL light come on the dash though, but any decent tuner can write this out of the engine map. Can't answer if a delete makes the DPF better or worse as my 140pd doesn't have one... :D

It's the EGR that routes the soot into the intake, it has a pipe from the exhaust that allows the exhaust gas to be recycled through the engine. Found have a less sooty exhaust with the delete than as standard, no idea how that works! You will get the CEL light come on the dash though, but any decent tuner can write this out of the engine map. Can't answer if a delete makes the DPF better or worse as my 140pd doesn't have one... :D

same here./no dpf. and u can do dpf delete as well.

same here./no dpf. and u can do dpf delete as well.

I'm holding off on the DPF removal as the MOT's are changing next year. All cars built with DPF's will ahve a stronger emission test. So will wait to see if that affects the removal. I like to play it safe!

I'm holding off on the DPF removal as the MOT's are changing next year. All cars built with DPF's will ahve a stronger emission test. So will wait to see if that affects the removal. I like to play it safe!

I don't blame you for waiting, but after all the horror stories about what might be in the 2012 MOT the proposed 2012 MOT Testers Manual is now available for download, and it looks like a damp squib as far as diesel emissions are concerned:

Proposed 2012 MOT manual

There is a mention of "A catalytic converter missing where one was fitted as standard" but this is specifically in relation to testing spark ignition engines (ie petrol).

In the diesel (compression ignition) emissions testing section there is no mention whatsoever of catalysts, EGR or DPFs as far as I can see.

I don't blame you for waiting, but after all the horror stories about what might be in the 2012 MOT the proposed 2012 MOT Testers Manual is now available for download, and it looks like a damp squib as far as diesel emissions are concerned:

Proposed 2012 MOT manual

There is a mention of "A catalytic converter missing where one was fitted as standard" but this is specifically in relation to testing spark ignition engines (ie petrol).

In the diesel (compression ignition) emissions testing section there is no mention whatsoever of catalysts, EGR or DPFs as far as I can see.

Thanks for that Nick74, looks like good news for DPF removal then :-) I see plans for me in the up an coming months :D

Edited by Deneo

Proposed 2012 MOT manual

Unless im missing something that is the current MOT rules not the 2012+ Rules

Unless im missing something that is the current MOT rules not the 2012+ Rules

It looks like the new version as far as I can tell? Its got the bits in about towbar wiring being tested, airbag lights on being a fail, presence of a cat on petrols being a requirment, none of those are in the current rules.

Petrols Missing CAT has been a faily for many years??

But yeh your right them other bits are there aswell

Not exactly. Petrols that should have had a cat still had to pass the cat emissions test, but there wasn't anything that explicitly said a missing cat on those cars was automatically a fail. If the car could pass the emissions test without it (and some could) then it was a pass despite the missing cat. Under the new rules it would now be a fail just on the absense of a cat, even if the emissions are within limits.

The early proposals were that diesels were to come under the scope of this new rule too, but by the looks of things it seems they now won't do and it will apply solely to petrols.