Superb 2006

qasim

I already bought superb a week ago, 30 V - 2.8 Liter 6 Cylinder.

I think I have problem with the (Drive Shaft), because when I turn the stirring right or left, a sound of tak tak tak is coming.

There is another thing which maybe relating to the same Drive shaft problem, when the car runs more than 20 speed, a sound starts to be heard like (wooo woooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooo) the more I speed the more the sound come WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I want to ask, is this problem relating the DRIVE SHAFT * OUTER AXLE?

Is outer axle another name of Drive shaft, or outer axle is something else?

Thanks you

I want to ask, is this problem relating the DRIVE SHAFT * OUTER AXLE?

Is outer axle another name of Drive shaft, or outer axle is something else?

Thanks you

Welcome :thumbup:

Sounds like the CV joint (flexible joint on the outside of the driveshaft that bots through the wheel bearing in the hub)

The WOOOOO noise could be a failing turbo, they sound like a (UK) police siren when they are on the way out.

Welcome :thumbup:

Sounds like the CV joint (flexible joint on the outside of the driveshaft that bots through the wheel bearing in the hub)

The WOOOOO noise could be a failing turbo, they sound like a (UK) police siren when they are on the way out.

So I have to change the CV joint for tak tak tak

And Wheel Bearings for the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Thanks

A give away that the CV joint is on it's way out is when you put some steering lock the joint starts to 'click', as for the wooooooo noise, if it is a rumbling noise as opposed to a very loud almost siren noise then yes it could well be a worn bearing, the loud siren type noise is a turbo though.

Good point, I didn't register the engine as I replied on my phone.

I (probably wrongly) assumed the 'wooooooo' noise to be the police car siren noise turbo's can make.

no the 2.8 does not have turbo

i took the car to the service, they change the outer cv joints, but they check the bearing, it is ok, the noise of wooooooo comes from front tires.

they changed them, and no sound now.

thanks

no the 2.8 does not have turbo

i took the car to the service, they change the outer cv joints, but they check the bearing, it is ok, the noise of wooooooo comes from front tires.

they changed them, and no sound now.

thanks

What tyres you had? Then will know to stay away from them :D