dpf sensor failure

dar

question put to Skoda UK, but no answer expected:

'My Octavia having covered just 26,000 miles and just out of warranty, has had to have a 'US' made DPF sensor replaced (at £215) replacement part no.S1K0131552F, looking at various reports this item would appear to be a very common fault, and there have been suggestions that it should have been the subject of a recall! can I ask why those owners with this item fitted have not been notified of its possible failure?'

I am sure many others of you have had this problem, or soon will- please join me and contact Skoda/ vag

Inherrent fault with the US one - quote the Sales of Goods Act to SUK and ask politely for a refund.

There will definately be a VAG bulletin for this as the part has been modified from the original US one.

Recalls are an absolute last resort, even then it often takes intervention from VOSA to enforce one.

If the fault can't be directly attributed with a reduction in safety then the manufacturer will often issue a soft recall. This is where, as mentioned above, a bulletin will be put out to the dealer network allowing for discretionary contributions towards to cost of repair. Quite often Skoda UK contribute to the cost of the part and the dealer offers a contribution to the labour costs.

Quite often a simple phone call to Skoda UK get's you much further than a rant via email.

Recalls are an absolute last resort, even then it often takes intervention from VOSA to enforce one.

If the fault can't be directly attributed with a reduction in safety then the manufacturer will often issue a soft recall. This is where, as mentioned above, a bulletin will be put out to the dealer network allowing for discretionary contributions towards to cost of repair. Quite often Skoda UK contribute to the cost of the part and the dealer offers a contribution to the labour costs.

Quite often a simple phone call to Skoda UK get's you much further than a rant via email.