Just about to buy it, query on Service history if anyone can help?

I went to see an Octavia VRS (Estate, Petrol) last night and it was perfect! Exactly as described and everything i've been looking for spec wise.

It's done 42k Miles, and has 4 prev owners in total of which 2-3 of them were Skoda Dealer employees I'm told so it may have been used as a demo / company car.

The only niggle i have, is that the car was registered in Sept 2006, but the 1st Service in the book was done at 20k Miles in Feb 2009 so it's basically according to the book only had 2 services, with the first one being when it was 2.5 years old at 20k miles.

The only reason I don't really have an issue with this is that the PDI info that's in the book wasn't done until 2008 so does this mean the car sat in a showroom or was used as a demo for that time before officially being sold to a member of the public??

I thought I'd just call my local dealer this morning but having been put through to the Sales team, i got a huge loud "Sigh" when I said "I'm looking at buying a private octavia".... I paused after his huge sigh and asked if I could just explain but he was straight away not interested in the slightest which I can understand to a point but my god he was so rude from then on!

All I want to do is just find out a little bit about any warranty claims or possible service information that Skoda may have on the Database for it, is that something Skoda UK could tell me??

The car is HPI clear, and the guy bought it from a Skoda Dealer in April 2011 so it has Warranty, low miles and really is perfect for me - I've agreed to buy it anyway as i'd rather go by condition, spec and obvious things but I just wanted to check up on this really just for extra piece of mind.

Thanks in advance

Edited by nickg123

20k miles to first service - Anyonr else thinking "car's been on variable"? I've a suspicion that you might find it burns a bit of oil if you buy it.

Also, has it had a new cambelt (Toothed belt in service log)? If not, then it's due one sort of now, so you want the price chipping about £400 or it doing as part of the deal.

And your treatment by your dealer is a comment on them; others can be hugely helpful (probably partly in the hope of future business; guess what, that actually works).

Hi mate, my car was a "showroom" car and I know they had it in the showroom for three months( one of the first) and they replaced it with an Estate variant in September, so that ties in . If you look under the boot there should be recall stickers ( near the weel well) that show what warranty work has been done. There is a free replacement of coil packs of these as well, dealer serviced or not http://briskoda.net/...entry2352387not car should have had new timing belt and water pump ,if you need any more advice,pm me :thumbup:

also the sales team just want to sell you one of their cars, you need the service department, say you will be having it serviced there and then ask about service history , warranty etc

20k miles to first service - Anyonr else thinking "car's been on variable"? I've a suspicion that you might find it burns a bit of oil if you buy it.

Also, has it had a new cambelt (Toothed belt in service log)? If not, then it's due one sort of now, so you want the price chipping about £400 or it doing as part of the deal.

And your treatment by your dealer is a comment on them; others can be hugely helpful (probably partly in the hope of future business; guess what, that actually works).

Thanks Ken! I thought the same as you re the Variable, the 2nd service was done 10k later at 32 so it may be due again soon as it's now on 42k.

It has had the Cambelt, tensioner and pulleys done according to the Service book but there wasn't an invoice but I have no reason to doubt it was done... The car is lovely though, drives really nice.

My Dad had an 06 one from new and that always used a bit of oil so I'll just make sure and keep on top of it!

You are 100% correct about the dealer, I actually look after a fleet of company cars and know exactly who it was I was speaking to but he didn't even ask my name. I even remember him when taking my Dad down to purchase his first and 2nd VRS Octavia's and he was a bit of a tool then in all honesty, I am really disappointed with how he acted though and will definitely now think twice about taking it to them for a service - My 2nd question was going to be about the costs of a service as I usually like to get a car serviced when I buy it just in case but can't see me using them now.

I called Skoda UK who confirmed where the car was purchased and had a couple of bits of warranty work so suggested I call the two dealers to ask if they have any info so I may well do that just in case. (One of which was up your way, West End Garage)?