Fuel Filler Flap, tyre pressure Information

Quen

Hello all,

Can some one help me to take a picture of your Octavia Fuel filler flap (there should be information about the tyre pressure etc.)

My car is Octavia II, 1.6L MPI, Combi, Ambiente.

Someone crashed my fuel filler flap to steal petro, and I changed a new one in workshop, now I realized I lost the tyre pressure information and maybe something more.

Thank you in advance!

Quen

--------------

Thank you all for the suggestions. indeed my manual refer me to the filler flap....

my car is from 2008, the tyres I have now is 195/65/R16.

I just changed winter tyre, and I give 2.2 bar for the front, and 2.3bar for the back, I don't know whether it is ok or not.

Edited by Quen

HiQuen

Sorry to hear your bad luck i've got mpi but it's h/back and f/lift may not be same as yours would expect tyre pressures would be in handbook but depends on tyre size.

What years your car and tyre size.

Welcome to the site ;)

like wise manual should give the info it normally gives you tyre pressures for car with and without being fully loaded.

The owners manual refers owners to the inside of the fuel filler flap for tyre pressures for summer tyres, and states that for winter tyres the pressures are 0.2 bar higher than for summer tyres. So the OP needs to ask his dealer to order the correct tyre pressure replacement 'sticker' for his car.

Meanwhile he still needs a photo...

What is on fuel flap is just guideline. That most of a time refer to factory tyres. If your car had tyres cheched then I would suggest 35PSI (you cant go wrong with that pressure on passanger car) and then what your tyre how it wears. If it is to stiff - let it go 2-4PSI if to soft add the same amount. You cant go wrong with 35PSI.

On a slightly related note an employee read the max pressure ratings on side walls of tyres on a company Mondeo a few years ago was something like 65psi and he had them up to the max! :wonder: :no: :rofl::thumbdown: :wonder:. He was dense to be fair!

On a slightly related note an employee read the max pressure ratings on side walls of tyres on a company Mondeo a few years ago was something like 65psi and he had them up to the max! :wonder: :no: :rofl::thumbdown: :wonder:. He was dense to be fair!

I run my station wagon 2005 model at 32 psi as for most part it only carries two people.

I'd photograph mine but I've a different engine so not much point.

Did they get any fuel out? I thought all cars had anti-syphon fillers or did they trash that too?

Reminds me of the old Skoda joke about how to double the value. This may come back around if the stuff keeps going up in price!