vibration through steering wheel

mikejay

getting quite a bit of vibration throught he steering wheel. had the wheels balanced the other day but still there? what else can cause it?

What speed? If its between 40-65mph then wheels havent been balanced correctly. Its typical result for it. If you get wobble at all speed then you have bubble on tyre or loose part on suspension. Give better description for it so i can point it better.

its at different speeds above 60mph, seams to get worse when exelerating. its not the tyres, had two new fronts on and its the same as before. some times it seams ok then next a few miles down the road its back. this is all on the motorway at motorway speeds.the road surface seams to make a difference too? its strange?

had one and put it on back. when the fronts where ballanced on friday they would have noticed a buckled wheel. or they should have done.

It was happening with mine, it didnt do it until about 50-70 then it would stop. Mine also was worse when accelerating and the reason for mine was a bulge in one of the tyres. I would strongly advise jacking the car up and checking the tyres including the inside, so take the wheels of otherwise if it blows you will have a nightmare. If its not that then check wheel bearings when jacked up or possiblaly one if the wheel weights could have fallen of? :)

possiblaly one if the wheel weights could have fallen of? :)

Had this happen to my previous car....drove about 5miles down the road after having new tyres fittted....heared a couple of "stones" hitting the wheel arches......then the vibration started on the steering wheel.....looked at the wheels....no weights!!!!!......They hadn't cleaned the wheel area for the weight properly so it didn't stick right!!! They redid it tho and appologised!!! B)

Could also be tyre pressures are wrong, tracking out, wheel nuts not done up correctly, other nuts/bolts on suspension disturbed or loosening??? :S

had one and put it on back. when the fronts where ballanced on friday they would have noticed a buckled wheel. or they should have done.

You wont cure it by putting it in a back. Its not a solution for buckled tyre.

No nothin wrong with gear change. Had two new tyres on front so its not the Tyres. The buckled wheel I put on the back was only slightly buckled, I shouldn't feel that though through steering though now its on back should I

If you would have buckled tyre you will feel this in range between 15-45 mph. If its front tyre - you will feel it on steering wheel. If you put it in a back and its gone from steering wheel - then you might feel it in a seat or entire body of a car.

Vibration due to off balance - its mostly between 40-65 mpg. Same rules apply to wheels as above.

Any loose parts/bushings will make it worst so at first you need to eliminate all loose components. I had the same case this morning. Renault Laguna had vibratins at 25mpg. We checked front end parts and found loose ball-joint. It helped but it didnt cure it. We swaped rear tyres as had one tyre buckled really bad and others with excesive wear. It helped but still vibration on steering wheel above 20mph. Swaping new tyres to front and leaving weared down on a back made car driveable but customer needs booking for another set of tyres. (short on cash)

Vibrations are still at around 25mph but only in a seat or body insted steering wheel.

We spent almost 4h tring to save customer money and find fault. Unfortunetly he had to many problems at once. Sometimes you need to mess with it to eliminate all possible faults.

That remainds me thread of different memeber here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/217646-vibrationshudder-got-everyone-baffledheelllp/