DANGEROUS FAULT

malazan2

If you're unsure whether the update has been done, look for a sticker on the boot floor, under the carpet, like this:

post-94025-0-90183300-1375102626_thumb.jpg

If you have one, the dealer is saying they've done the update.  I guess the only way to be totally sure would be to check with VCDS?

My electric seats have never moved on their own since I got the car in July '12 (after the update, judging by the sticker date).

Hope that helps someone.

post-94025-0-90183300-1375102626_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Went to main dealer (DM Keith Bradford) about this fault. Mentioned the seat update they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with the seat and that the update wasn't worth doing. 'Where do we go from here, wait for the kids legs to be crushed, then sue Skoda?' I asked, to which I got a shrug of the shoulders.  

Edited by mornamount

Went to main dealer (DM Keith Bradford) about this fault. Mentioned the seat update they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with the seat and that the update wasn't worth doing. 'Where do we go from here, wait for the kids legs to be crushed, then sue Skoda?' I asked, to which I got a shrug of the shoulders.

Probably the best way to make progress is to email Auto Express or Autocar and have them take it up with Skoda. Auto express have a track record for pursuing similar causes.

In the meantime, if you have children in child seats in both rear seats, position front passenger seat in an acceptable position and then pull the connectors to seat drive motors. Leave airbag cable in place though. This will prevent it happening again until you resolve it with Skoda.

Cheers

Steve

• 7 months later...

My 2009 Superb Elegance 170 had recently started doing this regularly. It's only the driver's seat and it seems to do it under braking and when turning a LH corner. The seat slides forward and the backrest goes forward as well. If I intervene with the switch it stops but it's very unnerving, especially as it's when you are busy negotiating a turn. 

What are the criteria for a recall in cases of potentially dangerous faults?