Stop the world, I want to get off.....

Gwilo

Been a rollercoaster the last few weeks.

Got married, which is epic stress on so many levels.

Got back from honeymoon, to be told I have a £7K paycut in two months.

Next day, told I have to re-apply for the lower paid post or I'm redundant.

Still reeling from that double whammy, SWMBO, who has to take the pill anyway due to PCOS, says her abdomen is very sore, which is getting worse, and she's now 3 days overdue. Needless to say, I'm royally bricking it.

And to top it all, the last two weeks, I'm apparently experiencing frequent 'brewers droop', but without the booze element.

Going to be a fun weekend of GP appointments...Might not be sane for much longer.

You have to look at this like this; 'What's the worst that can happen'?

Well, in your case it'll be 'No job & a kid on the way'. Accept that situation & then realise that things can only get better. The droop will be from the stress of all that's going on. Once you have accepted the worse case scenario & come to terms with it I reckon the droop will go & you can get back to business! :thumbup:

Hope things turn out OK. :|

£7k paycut is far better than being unemployed for years and earning £0k. Besides, if you're worth that to an employer you'll be able to get it elsewhere, and your current employer can get stuffed as you walk out the door to a competitor - right?!

They do say that things come in threes!

It sounds like the stress of the job/marriage/pregnancy is having both a negative mental and physical effect on you. I used to be a massive stress head about things and came to realise that you can't change things that are out of your control. Yes, the pay cut is huge and will impact your standard of living, but there will be ways in which you can cut your cloth, so to speak. As for the marriage - you should have listened to your mates who tried to put you off!!!! And if you're new wife is pregnant, then it may be at a time which you wouldn't have chosen and you may not feel ready, but all of my friends who have children say, without exception, that it is the best thing that ever happened to them. You'll get by somehow. Hell, some of the families of the children I work with rake in over £2000 per month in benefits and child allowances simply because they can procreate!