Bolero screen not working

Strange one this, stereo is still working fine but the screen is just black as if its switched off, the touchscreen is actually still working if you guess right where to press it

Anyone else had this problem? The car is only 6 months old so no doubt it'll be a trip back to the skoda stealer tomorrow to see what they're gonna do about it

Just been out in the car and its working fine again now, one to keep an eye on it seems, don't want to end up with an out of warranty failure somewhere down the line

Could be intermittent fault. However they automatically adjust the screen brightness dependent on external light.

I know I could hardly see my Colombus the other day when it was dusk,

Worth checking was screen & brightness settings your Bolero is set to. If on its lowest it could be very difficult to see when the light dims.

Pretty sure it was completely off and not just a brightness issue, but I've turned it up from medium to brightest just in case, and noted the date it failed so I can monitor what happens now

Remember to ask the dealer to take a look at it next time it is in for service.

Even if they find nothing wrong with it ask them to make a note on the system that you've brought it to their attention that something is wrong.

If it does then fail outside of warranty your case for a free repair / replacement will be much stronger.

Mine has done it a few times in the last 6 months. The only way I could fix it was to pull the fuse out. I'm assuming it's a software glitch as it always seems to happen if I've moved the car on the drive - I.e. engine running for under 10 secs or so.

• 2 months later...

Mine also stopped working intermittantly. Reportrd to skoda dealer and they replaced complete unit in Nov 2011.New unit stopped working on friday,booked in to skoda again.will update after next visit.