The End Of An Era

Well after a years worth of bliss motoring ive decided that im going to let my fabia go. Will be reverting her back to standard before she gets traded in.

Wanted to say thank you all for your advise and support, with the MANY questions that I have asked :rofl:

Ill will probs stick around and have a nosey, like to keep track on some of the build threads.

Again thank you all :):thumbup:

In short, nothing as he isn't a Freedom member.

A wise person would however look at his signature and guess that those bits are coming off the car itself - Then send him a PM. Hope this helps,

Sigs don't appear on phone :)

Sigs don't appear on phone :)

Sorry, full sig below:

Leon Cupra Splitter, Painted Goodies, Revo Stage 1 Remap, Seat Cupra PD160 Intake & Trumpet, Pipercross Panel Filter, Seat Sport Front Mount Strut Brace,Soon to be VAG 312mm Front Brake Setup Whiteline RARB, Blue Flame Cat Back Exhuast

You guys are like vultures :rofl:

every car forum ive been on that ive departed from ive always said thanks for the support. And never has anyone jumped on me like this asking what I possibly might be selling off the car. Most people appreciate the thanks :giggle:

As stated am not aloud to sell anything pubilically on the forum because am not a freedom member, but as I read the original post there is no mention that I am selling anything anyway.

Purely that I will be reverting my car to standard, for a trade in. For all you know I could just be throwing the stuff in the bin :D

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

You guys are like vultures :rofl:

every car forum ive been on that ive departed from ive always said thanks for the support. And never has anyone jumped on me like this asking what I possibly might be selling off the car. Most people appreciate the thanks :giggle:

Sorry to see you go mate :(

Do check in and say hello once in a while :yes:

One more thing.....

vulture4-1.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: LMAO

I wouldnt class myself as a "veteran" for some reason that makes me think of vietnam! :giggle:

And garry your more than welcome to send me a pm, for your subtle request.

The pd160 was going to go in my skip...... :p

you'll miss the Fabia....

What is up next???

Your possibly right mate I might, but my turbo went pop the other day for no reason what so ever, it just let go. For the cost of putting a good replacment turbo on its not worth it, as well as that its still running standard clutch n flywheel. So that will be another 1k+ at some point. I do love the car, but I dont think I love her that much to warrant nearly 2-3k on repair or uprating bills.

Well as for my next car being 22 I wouldnt mind something like a coupe or a convertable. My friends baught a convertable and I loved the whole bum on the floor thing. Soooooooo been looking at.

Toyota Celica, MR2

Hyundai Coupe

Mitsubishi FTO

etc,,,,

At the moment am leaning towards the Hyundai, they look the part, are well equipped, good build quality, lovely to drive and from what ive read pretty reliable to. Would be looking at getting the 2.7 V6 which although not the most powerful thing on earth, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, it sounds lovely. And the insurance is cheaper than all the other cars ive looked at. £100 a year more than my skoda. :) I know some people will slate the hyundai, but I can live with the haters :rofl:

Plus :p

What a naughty man revving it from what appears to be cold

O an that one :rofl:

Toyota Celica, MR2

Hyundai Coupe

Mitsubishi FTO

My mate have an FTO.....then he swapped it for the ultra rare GTX??? version with the front diff and bigger wing......loved it for the engine and the driving .....but a dustbin is stronger and the internal plastics..... :o ........then he swapped it for a Scooby P1.......then got fed up with the cost....now runs a very nice Susuki Swift with all the bits.....in black...very nice!.....loves it...but still wants more power... :giggle: ...(the P1 had been tuned to 330bhp)

My mate have an FTO.....then he swapped it for the ultra rare GTX??? version with the front diff and bigger wing......loved it for the engine and the driving .....but a dustbin is stronger and the internal plastics..... :o ........then he swapped it for a Scooby P1.......then got fed up with the cost....now runs a very nice Susuki Swift with all the bits.....in black...very nice!.....loves it...but still wants more power... :giggle: ...(the P1 had been tuned to 330bhp)

Yer ive always like the FTO, I still maintain its one of the best looking cars ever. I think what did put me off was lack of torque (which am used to) and the insurance was rather high. Plus I dont really thrash my cars at all, I get more pleasure looking after them and just taking life easy :yes:

Another bennifit of the v6 is its got nice amounts of smooth torque that holds nicely through the rev range AND ill also have a torque gauge which shows me how much torque the car is producing :D im sad I know........ :giggle:

Well bit gutted went down in the cold with my old man to have a look at *on face value* appeared to be a tidy example. Turned out to be a right melon. The salesmen insulted me by explaining "Its one of the nicest examples!" I asked him out right "if he was taking the Pi55!"

Still on the hunt :(

Guest BigJase88

If your after something unique trust me on this one!

You said you were looking at a celica? Stuff that! There only 140bhp with no lift cam! Believe it or not but you want the corolla tsport!

Complete wolf in sheeps clothing! Look for 04 plate onwards (facelift)

It has the same engine as the celica a 1.8! But it has 189bhp and a lift cam!

I had one of these and even with a mullered flywheel i skinned the pants off CTR's!

Cheap to buy too! 5k will get a good un! And only gp14 insurance (old gp's) i had one at 21!

Or if u fancy it they do a supercharged version! Its called a corolla TTE compressor!

Same as the tsport but has 17" alloys, twin rear exhausts, and is supercharged upto 215bhp and believe me they can go like fluff

If your after something unique trust me on this one!

You said you were looking at a celica? Stuff that! There only 140bhp with no lift cam! Believe it or not but you want the corolla tsport!

Complete wolf in sheeps clothing! Look for 04 plate onwards (facelift)

It has the same engine as the celica a 1.8! But it has 189bhp and a lift cam!

I had one of these and even with a mullered flywheel i skinned the pants off CTR's!

Cheap to buy too! 5k will get a good un! And only gp14 insurance (old gp's) i had one at 21!

Or if u fancy it they do a supercharged version! Its called a corolla TTE compressor!

Same as the tsport but has 17" alloys, twin rear exhausts, and is supercharged upto 215bhp and believe me they can go like fluff

I 100% agree with you, the corrola is the ulitmate sleeper but it doesnt stir my porridge :rofl:

Anyhoo after a whole day with my old man, looking at some RIGHT LEMONS!! I was starting to lose hope, the last one on the list was in mansfield and its safe to say I was feeling abit deppresed all the ones I had looked at were bad examples. :doh:

As we parked up I began to walk up to it, "THATS BETTER!" I said to my dad. It was stunning! The car needs some paint correction as there is some swirls on it, a very small 1p ding near the drivers handle, but other than that its imaculate. The interior also was spotless including no wear on the drivers right side leather bolster. Took it for a spind and again mechanically sound as a pound. With a surprising amount of low end grunt. Plus it will take me some time getting used to a high revving petrol. One small downside if you can call it a downside its the 2.0 not the v6, but after pottling along in it, I dont think that really matters.

Trying to haggle in for a new cambelt and waterpump, cars just covered 45k+ so want to make sure its in tip top shape. Its also got new tyres all around and a good lenghty service. :D already got plans for modifying it :rofl:

Don't get a hyundie coop thing, they look rubbish and they only managed 170bhp (I think thats right?) from a 2.7 litre V6? what were they doing when they made that engine...

TTE compressor, though, BOOM!

A mate of mines also got a T sport, similar to a CTR from my experience, not much torque but they are little screamers and do pick their feet up at higher revs, plus they rev to 8.5k or summat silly. And they are CHEAP; think my mate paid about £3K for a 45K miler with full leather and service history!

If I was goin to change, I think I'd go for an A3 3.2V6; their like an under-stated R32, Mazda 3 MPS, Volvo C30 T5 or a Saab 900 turbo (old skool obviously...).

Edited by Medium