Strange judder at 60mph

Hi - was driving on the motorway yesterday, and noticed a strange, smallish judder at about 60mph in 5th gear when accelerating. It doesn't last long, and isn't aggressive. It's on the 1.9TDi engine.

Is this anything to be worried about? I've not noticed it before, but only had the car a week.

You need all the wheels balanced first, normally a judder at that speed is one of the rear wheels out of balance, get the tyre centre to balance them to zero, if there is still 0.5 showing when they do it the symptoms will still be there

You need all the wheels balanced first, normally a judder at that speed is one of the rear wheels out of balance, get the tyre centre to balance them to zero, if there is still 0.5 showing when they do it the symptoms will still be there

Not nessecary rear. If you feel it at steering wheel its front - if its in car body or seat thenits rear.

As far as your problem it might be DMF - which better diagnose with mechanic without pointing this out. Let them do job and find problem otherwise they might think - Yes its DMF - Lets do it!.

Thanks for the replies. I did notice the problem didn't occur if I very slowly crept up the speed to 70mph - when under 'normal' acceleration (not booting it) the judder appeared. Like I say, it's only very slight, and certainly not a lurch or stutter in the cars performance.

Also, if I keep the rev's higher in 4th, and put it into 5th and accelerate the problem doesn't seem to happen - although this isn't great for mpg.

So it only seems to happen from low revs in 5th when accelerating from 60mph, and is gone within a second or two.